Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I'm not sure what comments you want people to make :que

From what I've seen in the last few years, the Spanish are just as capable of getting drunk and causing trouble.

Mark
It seems to me that you are tying all our youths with the same brush. I am sure that there are a certain amount of young people from all over the world not just the UK who go on holiday and display this type of behaviour but the majority of them go for a good time and enjoy themselves without gettin drunk everynight. I can also assure you that the british police do not tolerate drunken behaviour from anybody let alone youths. As for giving them a good slap what kind of example is that to set to anyone. Isnt this just saying that its ok to go around lashing out at people. It seems to be no matter what happens abroad it tends to get blamed on the british youths wether it be the case or not. Diane.
poppy day red nice one admin.

that programme is about 4 years old,why bring it up now?

if you have seen it all,who stabbed the irish guys by the london pub in fuenguirola,the spanish lads are well known to carry knives

its a holiday resort,if you live in one trouble happens as many different people meet,you sound like someone that has bought a place near a party area then moans
never by an apartment above a bar/restaurant either or near a taxi rank
you sound like someone that has bought a place near a party area then moans

Well, I might be totally wrong and if I am, I apologise, but by the terminology of the English language used, I thought the OP is Spanish and is asking some valid questions, and is/was expecting some constructive answers from UK citizens ( not ex-pats) about a problem that occurs in his/her country.

I personally have never met an ex-pat that would say "our police", usually it's " the police."
It would also explain the reason why they mention the issue of carrying ID cards, and it might also explain why they are watching an English programme which is 4 years old.

Sanji
sanji wrote:
Well, I might be totally wrong and if I am, I apologise, but by the terminology of the English language used, I thought the OP is Spanish

I can confirm that the OP is posting from Spain :tup

Welcome to the forums by the way :cheers
Haven't seen the programme but most of the trouble around the Marina is caused by spanish youths from Málaga. The UKTV concentrated mainly on Brits as it was a Brit TV programme.
There are good and bad kids everywhere and in my experience, most of the Spanish kids I come across are very well behaved and particularly respectful of their elders, likewise a sizeable majority of kids in the UK and Ireland.. what I would say about the programme makers is that a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss... this is the umpteenth programme shedding a negative light on the Costa... it would be nice to see one extolling the virtues of a coast dear to the hearts of many thousands of visitors, and maybe give the tourism industry and much-need boost, but I'll not hold my breat.h
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.