Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Went to Gran Canaria last summer we spent £1000 in two weeks that was just on drinks and ice-creams as we stayed half board, though I am sure if you are eating and drinking outside your complex you we find good offers in bars and resturants, and you always get large meals for your money, have a great holiday :cheers .
p.s. we also are'nt drinkers only soft drinks consumed!!!
We did Gran Canaria already but didn't spend a fortune as we only eat main courses usually as I said...

Hoping to take sambos etc with us to eat too on excursions!
If we are half board we usually work on £100 a day...we never use it all but it's better to take to much rather than to little....saying that we had a FB deal last year and still took £100 per day...brought about £200 back and 40 euro
I don't think I've ever spent that much on food on holiday, or do you mean on everything?

There's not much to do in El Medano and our excursions come to about €220 in total...

As I said, we shop when we get there and do breakfast one day on and one off in restaurants, lunch is always a sandwich wherever we are and whether we make it ourselves or not, dinner we only ever eat a main and the little one doesn't have her own dinner as she won't eat it...

I think we'll be ok, I was really just looking for average food prices for supermarkets and restaurants etc...
I found even supermarkets pricey, even when you buy there own brand stuff, I don't think the euro has helped as I found that things had defo risen in price :( . You might be ok if you can find a supermarket that the locals use as their prices won't be so inflated ;) .
OK thanks, it'll only be for stuff like bread, butter, juice, ham, cheese and crisps etc so hopefully not to bad, my wifes aunt suggsted we try the local chinese restaurants, they are pricey but we can share the one dish as they are large portions...

Fingers crossed we can manage, from what you're all saying the three of us are going to be stuck for food!
Sorry I didn't mean £100 on food alone....that's for drinks,food and bits and bobs....and as I said we still have money left over
i usually go on holiday for one week self catering and usually spend £1000 thats on excursions and every thing
Right, well we have €1500 to spend over the 2 weeks, food, excursions etc all in... Lets hope its enough lol!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.