Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Great News, but I'll not bother flying into Malaga that day :rofl
How's the work regarding the airport underground railway station/line advancing? anybody know when that's going to be operational ?
If it's on schedule it is supposed to be operational by this summer.
For what I've seen today, there's no chance of it being ready for this summer. It's little more than a hole in the ground without tracks or overhead power lines at the moment.
A full scale simulation involving volunteers with baggage was held last Tuesday to try out the new checkin system at the terminal to highlight any glitches.
QUOTE:
"First Phase: "New Terminal Area", involving renovation and extension of existing terminal and the construction of the New Terminal Building as the most significant milestone. The new terminal will open in 2008. Second Phase: "Extension of the Airfields", which mainly includes the construction of the second runway which will be completed in 2010"

The new terminal is two years late and the second runway won't be completed until 2012/2013. :que
I don't know how true this is because I don't think it has been finalised/rubber stamped yet, but I read an article somewhere and I can't for the life of me find it again, which (if the article is correct) will mean that most of us won't be using the new terminal anyway.
Low cost flights and those flying into non-schengen countries will continue to use terminal 2, the new terminal will be for long haul, other schengan countries and airlines which they consider as valued customers such as BA.
Terminal 1, will eventually be closed to passengers and used for cargo.

Sanji
Ze Germans certainly seem to have made it well and truly into T3, even their budget airlines such as Germanwings & Air Berlin!
Mark
Ze benefit of being part of ze Schengen gang. :lol:
Interesting Sanji

I am flying Jet2 in April where is T1 ......... a shed in the car park ?
Until the end of March, Jet2 will use T1, desks 101-112, then I presume after March you will be moved to T2 with all the other low cost flights and non-Schengen traffic.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Language=EN_GB&MO=1&Section=4&SiteName=PlanMalaga&c=Page&cid=1237543660530&p=1228212926308&pagename=PlanMalaga

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.