Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I can't help as to be honest, I have never had tummy upsets in Thailand( that I can remember)
You could always visit Boots...think there's one on Koh Samui. The pharmacies I have visited in Thailand have always been well stocked and helpful. Only had the one spell of sickness in our twelve visits so would not normally expect to get tummy trouble.
Thank you. i found it quite funny to see there is a Boots in Koh Sumai. Do they take the advantage card!!!! :rofl jazz12
All jokes aside and I love a good joke :cheers I would ask your GP who will advise you on all tropical jabs you need for Thailand.

Personally, I am due for a top up of Hep A and Typhoid ouch!! I say ouch as where I live this costs $$$ as it's not covered by our 'NHS'

I'm not into self diagnosis and I believe that all prescription medication needs to be prescribed by a qualified DR.

Cheers Geri
Hi, yes i do agree about consulting my GP. Sometimes for stomach upsets in a particular country, there is a tried and tested local brand that does the job wonderfully. i will take my club card and advantage card - just in case! Thanks Jazz xx
The beach resorts in Thailand are not particularly dangerous for Malaria, if you were going to the jungle areas such as Chang Mai or Chang Rai then I'd say yes. We've been 4 times to Thailand now - got back today from two weeks in Phuket, no tummy troubles at all, ever, and we haven't had any jabs either. I'm not recommending that, just saying that the beach resorts aren't high risk areas.

Cheers,

TC
Hi TC, thank you for your response. I bet it was wonderful to come back to the cold and drizzley weather!! what was Phuket like? have you been before? We are very interested on learning as much as we can on Thailand. Thanks jazz xx
I think all travellers to Thailand should be mindful of Dengue Fever particularly in the rainy season and need to use insect repellent throughout the day as well as the night time.

Re: Malaria. I choose not to take anti Malarial medication now (I have taken it in the past but it makes me ill) so we use an insect repellent with large amounts of DEET.

Jazz If you haven't come across this website already, have a look at Cathy's website where there is a lot of information about Phuket. Cathy is a member of this site and pops in from time to time.

http://cathyandgarystravelpages.com/

We enjoy Phuket and off again in October our 5th time :sun2

Cheers Geri
Thank you for the link to that web site. brilliant is the only word to describe it. I have looked at it for the last hour and my thirst for travelling has been hilighted. After this holiday to Koh Samui, we will book another in Asia. Thanks again Jazz xx
We really enjoyed our trip to Phuket, it became our favourite Thailand holiday so far. I did worry that Patong may be a bit too in your face like Pattaya is but it was a million miles away from Pattaya.
My wife and I really like to have a bit of nightlife when we go away so we don't really look at remote Thai beaches, which are more picturesque and beautiful but tend to be really quiet at night. Patong turned out to be perfect and where we stayed - the Seaview Hotel, right at the end of the beach, was superb. It's away from the hustle and bustle for the days but just a ten minute walk to Bangla Road in the evening, we loved it and will definitely go back.

Cheers,

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.