Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
don't know if you're still looking for info but this route is/was serviced by Louis cruises but over the years the service has been sporadic and patchy due to demand or lack thereof as far as i'm aware,most people looking to travel between rhodes and cyprus just take the 40 minute flight on cyprus-air,if it's a cruise specifically you want then i'd probably look for one that takes in either rhodes or cyprus but not both.
thanks, yes this sounds about right. I did find a ferry from Marmaris to Rhodes running so thats another option!!
the boats to and from marmaris run every day and cost around 50 euros return including a dedicated return bus from your resort to the port,it's best to book it all together a couple of days in advance as they want your passport for the visa,plus the crossing out from Rhodes is usually early morning (8-9am),takes about an hour or so and is often fully booked up,it's a lovely trip if you like taking pictures as the boat has to go through a narrow channel between the mountains and past loads of little inlets and fishing jettys. If you do go over then don't bother with the bus from marmaris port into the town,just get one of the yellow cabs to take you to the bazaar,costs around 6 euros,plus don't worry about getting Turkish Lira(YTL) as everywhere has prices up in Euros,Stirling,Dollars and allsorts and unlike years past they will now give change in Euros whereas they used to give it in useless lira! Have a Turkish bath and massage from one of the places at the top of 'bar street',i wouldnt personally bother with the boat to icmeler beach as the rhodes beaches are better but i would go to a kebab stall and have a shish with everything in durum bread,with a bottle of Efes!

If you fancy something less frantic than full-on marmaris then go to Mandraki harbour in Rhodes town to book your trip but instead ask for the one to Datcha,if none of the travel offices sell it go later in the afternoon direct to one of the turkey boats that advertises it on their board,iut's a nicer more traditional place than downtown marmaris,which is itself just an urban turkish town with a burger king and loads of traffic!
thank you! this is really helpful! holidays, :) holidays!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.