Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
have a look at fred olsen bit down market compared to princess etc but we think its great
I can recommend sister ships the Spirit & Celebration on Thomson cruises, although at the moment they only seem to be sailing from Marmaris & Corfu. Lovely food, very nice atmosphere, excellent entertainment etc.
I don't like either the Destiny or Island Escape - Thomson Dream might be ok once teething problems are resolved but I would only try it after the re-fit this winter. Unfortunately they are the ones doing the Med with shorter flights to Majorca.
Dont think they have anything going from UK ports now?
I can't recommend the Thomson Adriatic Explorer cruise highly enough if you are looking for ideas for later this year. Absolutely breathtaking.
Many other people will have their own favourites naturally.
I'm booked on the Thomson Spirit and going in August this year, and that is one of the reasons why I chose it, as it seems so informal.
The best informal line is NCL, who have what is called "freestyle"......no need to dress up, or eat at specific times with other people etc. It is your call, and they have numerous tables for two and if you do want to eat with others on any night, then it can be with people you have already met and would choose to dine with.

Much better than OV or any of the "packaged" cruises, and often less expensive.....the products are not comparable!
If you want british atmosphere you need thomsons or P&O
Both can be done smart casual.

Fred Olsen is also very british but smaller ships(we like them when prices are good) but do have a more mature regular customer base.

All ships have buffet options the big ships have extensive choices.

NCL, as said, is the casual line but food can be more international but you can get your meat and 2 veg every day.
Royal caribbean and Princess are probably next in line still can be done smart casual.
RCI do more British food in my experience than the others.
Celebrity is a bit more up market and again can be done smart casual if sticking with the buffet.

Some examples

NCL Sun Baltic from Dover.
RCI independence med and canaries Southampton.
P&O various southampton
Fred Olsen various dover and southampton

Why not try a few to see where you fit best or just chase the deal thats what we tend to do.,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.