Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi Allie

Unfortunately I haven't time to read through them all but maybe someone mentions the sister hotel in the REVIEWS.

Pippy :wave
hi we are staying all inclusive at the barcelo jandia mar in august can anyone give me any info on this hotel. also can we use the hotel in front as it is also barcelo (jandia playa) thanx allie
Hi,

Me & the gf are off to Jandia in Sept, booked through Thomas Cook, i believe we will be staying in the Mar hotel (even though its referred as a resort).

Anyone able to give some indication as what to expect? What to do there, where to go, where not to go etc.

Hi,
barcelo jandia mar is a fab hotel. It has been 5 years since we went so maybe some one will come along who has visited recently Heres a little info that may help. Its approx 20 minute walk to the beach which is beautiful white sands and clear sea. (watch out for the nudest beach!) There is a good selection of shops, cafes and resturants along the sea front.

Lily. :)
We were just after a nice relaxing quiet holiday where the weather is pretty much guarenteed to be sunny and hot for the majority were there.

Not too fussed about having to walk to beaches, towns etc. gives us something to do and its not like it wont be nice weather!
I think for the type of holiday you have described jandia will be perfect for you :tup We visited in june time and the weather was fab :sun2 We found the food in the jandia mar food amazing and very varied so hopefully it will be the same when you go. The entertainment was typical hotel entertainment, local acts that performed and were ok. We usually just had drinks and a wander in the evening.
Its a fairly quiet resort and very clean. When we were there it was more couples both young and old and a few children. This may have changed since we went but it is a beautiful part of fuerteventura and we hope to go back again at some point.

Come back and let us know how your holiday went and your thoughts of jandia. All this talk is bringing back wonderful memories of our holiday there.

Lily. :sun2
I'll make sure i remind myself to come on and let you know and put some pics up!

We booked up last August so its been a long, long wait, but only 16 weeks to go :sun2
Hi, just returned from the Jandia mar, we had a great time. If you have booked with thomas cook/direct holidays you can use the sister hotel Jandia playa aswell. We tried both, the meals in the playa were nicer we thought. There is a steep hill up to the mar from the beach but you can cut through the playa hotel which makes it easier. It was 21 euros for the safe, and 10 euros deposit for beach towels, you have to pay to change them. The beer wine and soft drinks is self service in the bars, this cuts down on queues. Me and the hubby had a really chilled out holiday here a great place to relax. :sun2
Brilliant thanks.

I had been reading some reviews on trip advisor, but some of the people on there moan about the littlest things!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.