Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I don't know if this helps at all, but when I'm there I buy a Cyta pay as you go sim and use that. Much cheaper than using roaming on a UK phone.

Kerry
If your mobile phone is unlocked you could by a CytaVoda, So easy sim card pack.. just pop it into your phone top it up and it's MUCH cheaper than using a UK sim card. Local numbers to local numbers are also about 2cent per text! It's well worth it.

CourtneeLouise xx
thats brill, thanks very much for the replies

for anyone else who might be interested i found the website (in english)

http://www.cytamobile-vodafone.com/Default.aspx?ID=611

theres an international calls promo on where you get 90 UK minutes for €10 but I`m not sure if its still running as it says it expires on 10/7/11. anyone know if thats finished?

http://www.cytamobile-vodafone.com/Default.aspx?ID=730
I always intend to buy one of these every year but never have, are they easy to get hold of? Which shops stock them - any ideas for Pernera area?
It's very easy Max, pretty much any periptero/kiosk/supermarket sells them.
The shop opposite the Isaac had the MTN version on the wall behind the till the other day...think it was €15 with €5 credit included
Meant to add...just ask for a "connection pack". Cyta soeasy or MTN, much of a muchness, go for the cheapest ;-)
Great thanks, pop in that shop most days even when not stopping at the Isaacs! Will definately give it a try this year.
We have a spare mobile that we keep with a spare Sim card for when family and friends come to Cyprus on holiday.

My Dad likes a bet on the horses and tends to phone UK almost everyday to place a bet on his account. We top the phone up before he arrives with 10 EUR and there's always credit left at the end of their 4 WEEK holiday :cheers

Another friend comes at Christmas/New Year so likes to keep in contact with us as she comes alone and also to contact her son in UK. She uses the remainder of the credit on the phone and often buys another top up card before she leaves which she passes on to us rather than putting the credit in the phone. So the 10 EUR does both of our vistors for anything up to 6 weeks.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
theres an international calls promo on where you get 90 UK minutes for €10 but I`m not sure if its still running as it says it expires on 10/7/11. anyone know if thats finished?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.