Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thanks for advice. I am filling renewal form in now!!
When my daughters passport was renewed I ensured that the photos were countersigned by a teacher friend as children can change quite a lot in just a few years. If you have friends who are teachers, doctors or any of the other professions who can countersign photos it is worth doing as a precaution...
Evening all, Just about to book a holl for myself and my son but have realised his passport runs out on 08 Feb 2010. We are looking at a week in Egypt from 20 Aug 09, Im just a bit worried about the 6 months sometimes needed after date of return, Does that apply for Egypt ?
  • Edited by David 2009-07-12 21:05:54
    Merged with existing topic
Yes, six months passport validity is required by Egypt.

For details on passport renewal options, please click here.

(Even if you choose an alternative country without such an entry requirement, it may still be a requirement of your airline or tour operator, so do check before booking).

David :wave
we travel to sharm 5th jan for 28 nights(2nd feb).
does the 6 month validity left on passport apply to entry or exit to egypt?
Did a search and most answers say entry,but a couple say exit.
My husbands passport expires 12th june ,which will be fine on entry but not so good if its
an on exit rule.
Cybergran :cheers
Hi Cybergran ... unless I am miscalculating, that passport doesn't have 6 months validity remaining on entry or exit. :hmmm
You will find details of online renewals HERE. You can have up to 9 months remaining validity transferred from the old to the new passport.

David :wave
:whoops
Sorry ,senior moment,he's only got 5 months on entry.
I counted all of June,making it 6 months on entry :duh

Thanks David,glad one of us is awake x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.