Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi and welcome to HT!

Congratulations on booking your first cruise and I hope you enjoy it.

You are right to look for insurance that specifically includes cruise as not all companies do. However you don't need a special cruise policy as some standard policies also cover cruises.

Call some of the companies listed on Page 1 of our Travel Insurance topic HERE and ask the question. I know that Direct Travel covers cruises, but they are not cheap.

Do you have travel insurance through your bank as they might be worth asking first?

luci :wave
You think beer costs are a tad expensive. My wife likes wine and i've just found out the cost per bottle.
Are you both big drinkers, if so I would consider paying for a drinks package (if the company does them). Hubby and I went on our first cruise back in March, and we weren't sure what to do, but we bit the bullet and paid for the drinks package and boy are we glad we did. We saved a fortune.
Hi, I have one bit of advice and that is to ask your insurance company what happens if your passports are stolen before you board the ship?
Because this happened to us and what happened next was unbelievable.
Our travel agents deserted us, the ship would not let us board and the return flight was cancelled because we never boarded the ship? The insurance company ( post office) would only pay out for the stolen handbag. Not the lost cruise or flight.
We was left abandoned.
Dont let me put you off but do insect your policy.
regards
eric
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.