Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Opps, sorry denny. 4 of us. :tup I keep getting ads for hotels in Makadi Bay above my posts. :rofl

Doe :sun2
Just to get back "on topic", :rofl we have never been to Mahmaya, may be a trip to consider this time. How long does it take on the boat? We are not into diving, only done a bit of snorkelling, so would just go to use the beach :sun2
I have heard that Mahmaya island and Giftin island (don't know if they are the same island :que ) are extremely busy and you are not always able to get a sunbed or indeed much space on the beach. If I were just going to sunbathe I would probably stay on the beach at my hotel.
:banghead: Denny, I don't know how I forgot you were going.I think I was getting you mixed up with Jay, sorry! :wave:
I'm not sure how long it takes to get there, tbh.

It seems to be a trip that you can do from Hurghada, Makadi Bay, El Gouna, Somna Bay, etc so I am thinking at most an hour.

I do know that traditionally it can be crowded, but the down turn in visitor numbers might mean this is a very good time to go.

I think it is on this thread 2nd post from Nick, if you go into his pictures on his profile, there are some of a beach that looks beautiful and I beleive they were taken on a trip there.

Doe :sun2
Maymaya is the southern beach on the largest Giften Island which is where Nick went.There is a small island but I think onky divers go there.
The northern beaches are just as beautiful but crowded with no shade.
If you have a look on Google earth there are many photos showing the beaches.
When we were in Hurghada in December 2010 I only wore a cardigan one night and that was when we went to the Thomas Cook quiz at the marina.
We did leave the UK in deep snow and minus 10 temperatures so maybe thats why we didnt feel cold on an evening. :que
Or it could be because I live on the North East Coast which is always cold. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.