Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
little help
10 Posts
It depends on what you want from Egypt as to where you should go...

Are you looking for a Red Sea holiday with sun, sea and sand or are you looking for a River Nile experience of ancient history, temples and tombs?
Hi Mr jordan - if you give us a little more information, then we can help you better. Where can you fly from, and what month? Would you like to go AI /HB e.t.c and as Cyprus100 says, what sort of a holiday do you like? We went to Sharm el Sheik for the first time 2 years ago an really enjoyed. We're returning next Easter.
Also, do you like it really humming with nightlife or do you prefer somewhere a little quieter? Are you drop and flop type people where a week on the sun bed is fine or do you prefer to be out and about exploring, doing trips, going diving etc?

If you like night life, then Sharm or Hurghada would be more suitable..but if you like somewhere a little quieter, then Taba or Marsa Alam would tick the box.

I could maybe give you some pointers if you are intending to go diving.
First off yes it's perfectly safe to leave your hotel and go our for a few :cheers . The egyptian men do like to have a little leer at the ladies but you just have to ignore that. We have been to Sharm, Taba and Hurghada and loved all three. It just depends what kind of resort your looking for like the previous posters have said. Do you want to drop and flop or do you want to sight see.
We have been to Sharm 4 times and El Gouna once, there all have the kind of thing you would like if you want a Red Sea resort and not Cairo/Luxor.

A hotel in Namma Bay, if you want to wander out of your hotel everynight for a drink and a hotel near the Marina at El Gouna of you want some nightlife.

Its fine to wander about outside the hotel, especially in El Gouna as it is set up as a no hassle resort.

Doe :sun2
can fly from manchester or liverpool and will want to go in sept Would you like to go AI or HB what sort of a holiday would i like is bum room the pool/beach then go out at night for a few beers and food
Plenty of flights out of Manchester. would say go AI in somewhere like Sharm/Naama Bay and then you can explore the night life.
Yes I think Naama bay would be the place to be if you want to bum around the beach and generally chill out and then have loads of bars, shisha cafes etc to visit of a night. When i am not so tired I will re-post with some of the hotels that are on the sea front at naama bay so that you can research them.

Doe
This topic might help you, it has a list of many of the hotels along the promenade, there are other hotels located on the other side of the main road in Naama just a few minutes walk from the beach or resort centre.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=147144&hilit=hotels+promenade+front
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.