Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi flying cardiff- sharm in 3 weeks with thomsons , what plane will it be please and how long is the flight approx. thanks
zeusy14,

Please quote flight numbers and your dates of travel when requesting aircraft information as there are several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you and makes it easier for us to find the information amungst the 1000's of flights. CWL-SSH-CWL (assuming TOM466/7?) are operated by Boeing 737-800. The flight is approx. 4 hours 25 minutes outbound and 4 hours 35 minutes inbound, subject to winds on the day.

Darren
Hi Darren, could you please tell me which of 2 planes from Doncaster to Enfidha TOM 480/481 Regards - Sue
Hi,

We have booked to fly with Thomson premium economy to Cancun in September and will be able to choose our seats in the next couple of weeks. Can we book different seats online for the inbound as we do for the outbound, or are we automatically given the same seats for both flights?

Thanks.

Nikki :que
sue ludlam,

DSA-NBE-DSA (TOM480/1) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
nikki94t,

You can book any seat that is available on your outbound or inbound flight. You don't have to have the same ones.

Darren
Latest

G-OBYD is coming back into long haul flying shortly, selected routes. Shouldn't be a surprise as when you book your seats it will already be assigned.

•subject to change as always ;)
Thanks so much Darren and BEfreeTODAY.

Would you happen to know which flight the aircraft usually operates prior to MAN-SID-MAN (TOM557/8)? It operates on a Wednesday. Just like to check whether delays are likely.

Thanks so much for all the info on this fab site :)

Best wishes

Michelle
Travels from EDI,

It should be TOM2328/9 from Palma.

Darren
Hi Darren been watching Tom 2700 to Larnaca and it seems it over the past 3 weeks has been a minimum of 60mins late leaving Manchester last week 98mins late any reason for this?? As this is the first outbound of the day for this fight.
Busy time 5x TOM 767's leave within 15 minutes all delayed each week due to this
BEfreeTODAY.
Silly question if that is the case why schedule them this way or am i missing something. That means pax have an extra 1hour to sit in Larnaca Airport or are Thomson Fly not interested in this??
I presume they are of the attitude its the handling agent that should be doing the work to get them out on time
Hi there

I'm looking at booking flights EMA (TOM 0676) to SFB in September was wondering if you could give any info on the type of aircraft that will be used, I assume it'll be a 767 if so will it be an ex First Choice Airways or will it be a TUI aircraft?

I'm also considering booking into premium, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance
dcr1999,

Welcome onboard :tup
EMA-SFB-EMA (TOM676/7) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The premium upgrade is personal preference. If you want the extra seat pitch, complimentory (not free!!) drinks and all the other perks that go with it, then yes, it might be worth it for you. Personally, I find the economy cabins more than adequate and I'd rather save the money and use it to pay for my diving, put towards a nicer hotel or other activities whilst in resort. You can upgrade the IFE for £5 in economy to the premium offering, how many drink do you have inflight to justify paying the extra, I get 5kg extra luggage allowance anyway with my diving qualifications, so it's only the extra seat pitch really. To me, it's a nice way to travel for a treat but not something I do but you may think differently. If you've never been in the premium cabin, give it a go but it's not the same as flying premium economy on many of the scheduled airlines. If all you want is more room, extra legroom seating is much cheaper, especially of you can get row 20 (or 28, subject to the aircraft on the day) as this is the rommiest row on the aircraft being the over-wing exit.

Darren
Thanks for a very prompt reply :-)

My other half thinks it's essential to have a window seat for the flight as a result do all of the seats in groups of 2 have a good view out?

Also where is best to try and be seated in PE?
dcr1999,

Most of the pairs of seats have a window. However there are a few rows that don't. If you avoid the first 5 rows in economy, the row infron of the overwing exit and rear 2, the rest have a window. Row 9 in premium on the V2 configurated aircraft doesn't have a window.

Darren
It's been decided that were going in premium, first holiday for sometime so he's decided on a bit of luxury.

Where's best to sit in premium for a window?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.