Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Am looking at booking to go away November or October time and taken my 15 month twin girls with me.
If anyone can help me in finding the right resort I would be happy as its like a minefield out there
I would say that really little kids generally like sand, swings and ice cream.

Taking that into account you need to avoid any hotels that say you have to enter the sea from a pontoon or jetty into deep water as it will mean there is no beach to speak off.

To me the two 'areas' to avoid would be Ras um el Sid (ie up near old market) and Sharks Bay/White Knights Bay where the coral is excellent but it's hard to enter from the beach if at all.

Maybe look at other hotels in Nabq Area as you know it there from your previous stay, or possibly a hotel that fronts the beach in Namma Bay if you like it busy.

You need to read the hotel descriptions carefully to make sure you get something suitable, as you will deserve it having undergone a six hour flight with two 15 month old little ones. :)

You may be better off looking through brochures than reading tour operator web-sites.
When we stayed at the Red Sea Holiday village there was a couple with an 18 month old and they found the hotel good as there was a small lagoon formed on the beach which was very shallow.
Its next door to the Grand Azure but my not have been built when you were there if it was before 2007.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.