Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It's a few years since I did the walk but I think it took about 1 hour 15mins. We caught a bus back to Puerto Pollensa after having a drink in Can Vicente.
Yes, we did this a couple of years ago, the path starts from the back of a housing estate on the other side of the bypass; it is marked with a wooden sign post. You go past a field and along a lane, then you have to climb over a chain and go past a house.
That was the easy bit! Then we had to scramble up the side of a large hill. The ground was very rocky and the path was narrow and poorly defined although little "cairns" of stones at intervals marked the way. We went in September and the path was slightly muddy, but I still had the sun beating down on the back of my neck! There are tremendous views over Pollensa bay if you look behind you. At the top you go along a level gravel path, a sort of plateau. Then we came to a sort of tarmac roundabout with a tree in the middle of it. It was all downhill from then on, the road had huge potholes in but there were stupendous views of the sea. As you descend you can see Cala san Vicente and the road takes you down to Cala Molins.
I'm afraid I didn't note how long it took but it was OK for 2 middle-aged people :)

I think the walk is better this way round because going the other way round you would have a long walk uphill from Cala san Vicente and then have to scramble down the rocky hillside.

After all our exertions I must admit that we didn't find anywhere shady to eat our picnic in Cala san Vicente, and were glad to get the bus back to Puerto Pollensa. Although we were pleased to have "done" the walk, we much preferred going on a boat trip from Puerto Pollensa to Cala san Vicente, where we could swim in the clear turquoise sea, and then sup a can of San Miguel from the ship's bar on the relaxing cruise back ;)

(and also wave to Cala Boquer, another location where the walk really isn't worth the effort...by all means walk in the Boquer valley, but it isn't worth trying to get down to the coast)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.