Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
went to rosa beach beach last year 2012 a really nice hotel couldn't fault it at all
Whether to go AI or HB is a personal choice but it's never appealed to me as I like to get out and about and try different restaurants etc., most of which are quite reasonable in Tunisia. Most restaurants have menus and price lists outside so you are unlikely to get any nasty shocks. From what I've heard Skanes certainly has got some nice hotels but that's about all it's got going for it. My daughter and her family went there a couple of years ago and said they'd not go again as there was nothing to do outside the hotels so they always had to go into Sousse, Monastir or PEK. For this reason I think you may be better at the Kanta in PEK. It's well situated and there are plenty of nice restaurants in the area, particularly round the Marina and by the musical fountain in the square. I always liked the Sultana near the fountain. It's recently been refurbished and from what I've heard it's even better now.

Taxis are cheap, particularly if you 'negotiate' (haggle) before getting in, but you'll need to go into Sousse for the train or metro (both ridiculously cheap) if you want to explore further afield. I'm also sure you'll want to explore the Medina in Sousse for a real Tunisian experience. It's really not at all scary provided you are prepared to haggle and say a firm "la shokran, gahli bharcha" (No thank you, too expensive) or 'M'andee floos" (I've got no money) and walk away. The shopkeepers will all call out and try to get you into their shops but you can simply ignore then and keep walking. If you want to appear a little more friendly simply say my name, give a vague wave and still keep walking, as 'Aslemma' is 'hello', Any specific questions don't hesitate to ask and I'm sure someone on here will try and help you. :sun2
Thank you i booked the Kanta All In its only a short 5 mins walk to PEK marina thats what swung it for me. Did check on the Rosa beach but the reviews arent to good and some have asked to be moved and they moved them to the kanta and they said the hotel ran rings round rosa beach. We wont be staying in the hotel all time will be going to the marina and have odd meal and drink out. Not been to tunisia for a few years when we last went we stayed in Hammamet. My hubby loves haggling weve been egypt and turkey so i leave the haggling to him.
Glad you've got it booked June and hope you have a great time. I've been going to Tunisia for many years and I'm sure you've made the right choice. Sousse is my area rather than PEK, though I do love the area round the marina there.
Glad you've booked the Kanta, was about to recommend this over Rossa beach. PEK is great in the evening - good atmosphere and you'll probably find lots more going on here as opposed to RB. I'd thoroughly recomment Gold Brau, a little micro brewery just 30 seconds walk from the marina. Great food, live music, good beer - a lovely evening out.

Have a great time!
I may be wrong but I think it 's the Golf Brau. I do agree with the atmosphere around the marina in the evening, though you should also try and see the musical fountain in the square the other side of the marina if it's working at this time of the year.
Thanks i would love to see the musical fountain. I hope its still on in 2 weeks time. Micro brewery sounds good hubby will like that im more a wine drinker than beer. I love tunisian tea though lovely and refreshing.
Just to make you aware, for all arrivals from 1.10.2013 onwards, there will be a Tourist City Tax of 2 TND per person per night – children under 12 years old are exempt. The tax is payable directly to the hotel upon arrival. I don't know if your TO has told you of this as it has only just come in, but it appears it will not have been included in your original payment to your TO.
I have been looking for hotels in PEK for the next few weeks and notice the Kanta is HB,not AI.
Who did you book with June :que
Jay I booked with thomas cook they offer Kanta on H/B or All In but theres not a lot of difference between the price so I opted for the All In option

yea Aslemma ive read about that but people dont seem to know much about it so ill change a some at airport just in case were asked at check in
Don't change money at the UK airport June as you'll get a lousy rate but it may be worth doing it at Enfidha. You should be able to change it at the hotel when you arrive but don't worry if you can't do it immediately as the hotel will be quite happy to wait until you've got some dinars. It's a very new thing and we've only just found out.how it will actually work. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.