Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Caybeach Sun
15 Posts
I haven't been Ann but in case you haven't seen it here's their website:-

http://www.caybeach.com/index.php?idioma=en

Have a lovely time :tup
EDIT: Some corrections as I placed CayBeach Sun in the wrong road...

CayBeach Sun apts are about 1km+ behind the main, Playa Dorada, beach in Playa Blanca. Not familiar with them but lots of good reviews if you Google. If you walk down to the Avenida Papagayo there's a variety of bars and restaurants and a 10 min walk will take you to lots more on the main strip by the harbour.
Playa Blanca town is fairly small, with lots of large hotels strung out on both sides along the coastal strip. Nice resort, rarely any rowdiness, peaceful and quiet, good mix of prices in the bars/restaurants from cheap n cheerful to expensive. Not big on shopping, there's a few chain stores like Mango etc, otherwise small shops. Not much to do in the day other than pool or beach, no large aqua-parks or similar, so some find it maybe too quiet and it certainly can be at night because most of the hotels are fully-inclusive.
There is a regular bus service to Puerto Del Carmen which is the largest resort on the island.
See Google Maps...

CayBeach Sun
Cay Beach Sun are on the Femes Road. There are no restaurants or bars around it. The nearest are at the Papagayo Centre across from the Dorada Beach. It's approx 10/15 mins to town, and about 8/10 to the beach (depending on walking speed).

Playa Blanca is very laid back. Most of the nightlife is in the Papagayo centre. Jungle, Wax, Buskers, and there is a great Italian in there as well, right at the top. Also a great tapas bar.

Plenty of good restaurants in the town, and also at the Marina Rubicon which is about 15 mins walk away. There's some really nice designer shops at the Marina, and some good bars. There's a market there on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Lovely walks along the promenade. You can walk for about 6 miles from the Papagayo beaches and one end to the lighthouse out towards Faro Park on the other.
There are two waterparks. Aqualava at the Lanzasur, and Dino Park at Paradise Island. Aqualava is reported to be the better one, and is open to the public. Dino Park was open to the public, but not sure if it still it.
There you plenty of places on the island to visit. If you're interested in excursions I suggest you look at either lastminute-transfer.com or custometravel.es. Both are good local companies.
Thank you for your replies, I think we will have a great holiday in Playa Blanca. :cheers
I'm sure you will enjoy PB , I really like it a lot . Sunaddict has listed the places etc in PB but not too far away is El Golfo which is nice to visit and also Timanfaya also the village of Yaiza is worth a look around , it's very easy and cheap to hire a car and very easy to drive around too if that's something you might consider .
You can't beat a leisurely fresh fish lunch at El Golfo, sat next to the sea, glass of vino, listening to the waves - heaven! Agree about Yaiza. It's a beautiful village, and Timanfaya is fascinating.
Thank Andy 66, we won't be hiring a car as we do not drive, but we will us buses to get about.
Anyone know if there are any trips from Playa Blanca to see dolphins? X
As Pollensa has posted, there are boat trips out where you may see dolphins or whales, but no guarantees that you will.
You'll find boat excursions are bookable in resort.
Yes, my own experience of Dolphin/Whale trips in several parts of the world is that if you see one then buy a lottery ticket as your luck is in.
Well I've seen dolphins in Florida, India, New Zealand, Hawaii and Wales and whales in New Zealand,Mexico, Canada and California but haven't as yet won the lottery.
Oh I've seen them in lots of places but never on an organised boat trip, and I've won the lottery many times, but never more than a tenner :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.