Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
well take a cold look..
the jml price proberbly won't include, hold baggage,transfers,check in [using a budget flight ] cosmos is owned by Monarch airways and will usually be on a monarch flight [MON or ZB] and will include baggage and check in but may or may not include transfers

wizard
Both holidays are exactly the same from what I can see. Both holidays as advertised do not include transfers and include only 15kg luggage. Both are with the same airline, Monarch, on the same flight, staying at exactly the same hotel, both are charging the same to add transfers and to up the luggage.

It's just the base price that is different. I did try ringing Cosmos to price match but they could only knock £10 off and said what a good price JLM was.
I havent used JML travel but use Hays most of the time as they always are less than other companies for the same holiday.
My holiday with Hays last October cost us £320 each whereas Thomson price was £429.
It even included 20kgs luggage whereas Thomson only included 15kgs. :tup
I would feel much more comfortable if it was Hays as they have been around so long.

Do you usually book proper package holidays with them or dynamic packages? I think this is classed as a dynamic package and I don't really understand where I would stand if the company where to collapse.
JLM is a partner company to Hayes travel, they trade using one of the Hayes travel groups atol licences,although doubt has been cast in the past Wether or not this gives full cover, if they are offering a discounted cosmos package then definitely worth considering

wizard
I have booked both packages and a dynamic package where we always pay £10 insurance for supplier failure cover.
Hays are based in my town and I have booked holidays at the travel agents and by phone before Teletext went digital.
It might be worth giving them a call.
I havent the number I used to ring but it was someone working from home.
Sunshine.co.uk are also part of Hays and seem to offer good deals.
I've checked with Hays and Sunshine.co.uk but none of them seem to get close to the price JLM are offering.

Monarch seem to have decreased their price slightly today so I will phone them again before booking to see if they can price match. I don't expect them to match the price but if they can just decrease slightly it would be better than nothing. The man I spoke to a couple of days ago was very uninterested so I might get somebody more helpful this time.

I've applied for a credit card especially to purchase this holiday for the extra cover so I can't do anything until that arrives anyway.

The main thing that worries me is not booking with JLM in general, its booking the dynamic package. I've tried to research it and all I am reading is that I wouldn't be covered if anything happened.
They would probably offer you the Supplier failure cover for £10 which hays offer for Dynamic packages.
I decided to book with Cosmos. They had a promotional code which reduced the price a bit, and the JLM holiday had gone up. I think there ended up been £80 in it, but its worth paying the extra to not spend the next few weeks worrying. I just don't know how JLM are making a profit.

Thanks for the advice anyway
Its worth the extra for peace of mind.Have a great holiday. :sun2
Have used this company 4/5 times and have had great service from them. We are off to Bulgaria with gem in two weeks time taking my granddaughter on her first holiday abroad. Would use them if we didn't trust them - one if the best priced companies about
I have just returned from Bulgaria
My first time using JLM I am already looking for my next holiday
JLM gave everything promised on booking great hotel transfers and no hidden extras for bagage
Big Thank you to Sarah
Hi my name is Paul, myself and my partner have just returned from Cuba. we used JLM Travel and found them to be a lot cheaper. our price included transfer visa's flights hotel. everything. we had to pay extra for seats with extra leg room. we found the company to be very helpfull and are booking with them again. hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.