General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Shh! Fiona don't tell everybody :) ...even the flight prices aren't that bad these days with flights to Thailand for under £400 on Thai for example or even cheaper if you go via the middle east. I've been going to the Far East for so many years that I'm amazed the prices people pay to go resorts nearer to home.

Which hotel was that by the way.
It was the Woodlands Inn Hotel.
I couldn't believe it.
re the cost of holidays- we went on a fairly lazy Bangkok/Koh Samui holiday and , at the end, worked out the total cost and I began to wonder if it wasn't actually comparable to a fortnight in Greece. And, as you know, that is with paying for an internal flight which is not cheap as Bangkok Air have a monopoly on it! In Koh Samui we spent an average of £45 a day - for lunch, drinks throught out the day( soft ones of course!) , a beautiful meal at night with things like one giant prawn for a starter( you would never manage two) and enough drinks to feel a little fragile in the mornings!!
I have to say though that I have never paid as low as £400 for the Bangkok flights. I must be unlucky as I certainly research!!
Fiona,
you must eat at posher restaurants then me...or Koh Samui has gone up since I was last there :) . In Krabi last year we were hard pushed to be spending more than £25 a day for both of us for lunch and dinner in the beachside restaurants with drinks (cocktails and a couple of Singhas).

Checked out Woodlands Inn...excellent for the money. And the price included breakfast - and the price I saw was 9 USD per night. Then I read the reviews - think I'll stick to the Marriott at 95USD a night :)
We certainly could have spent a lot less than we did on food but we like to splash out on holiday! Also we had more than a couple of singhas in the evenings!!!
Singhas...I can only manage a couple than I'm bloated - but I do like them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.