France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Neil

Here's a cut and paste of a reply I made earlier! :lol:

"We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Bussy St George in January this year. The shuttle bus is not really convenient for you anyway, as it drops you at the Disney hotels and station, you would then need to catch a train back to Bussy St George (2 stops). The same goes for the TGV as this only goes to Marne La Vallee (Disneyland station).

The easiest way for you would be to get the RER B line from CDG (if you are arriving into Terminal 3 - Easyjet for example - you just come out of arrivals, turn right and follow the covered walkway to the station, just a few minutes walk).

When you're at the station, follow signs for the RER B line to Paris, you can get any train, some are express and therefore quicker. Get off at Chatelet and walk across the platform to RER A (just a few steps) - direction Marne La Vallee (Parc Disneyland) and get on the train that has Bussy St George lit up on the overhead signs showing when the next train arrives, if it's not lit up, don't get on that train and just wait for the next one. It should take around 90 minutes tops, allowing for transfers. (It's about 30 minutes from CDG to Chatelet and about 35 minutes from Chatelet to Bussy).

Once at the Bussy St Georges station, (there are 2 exits, if you come out of the main exit, with the boulangerie/cafe on the corner), turn left walk a short distance to the main road (Avenue du General du Gaulle) and turn left, head towards the roundabout and turn right onto Boulevard de Lagny and you're there! (It took us a while to find it first time - but the walk from the station is only about 5 minutes and we walked it at all times of the day and night - no problems.)

Don't know wether your rate at the hotel includes breakfast, ours didn't and at 15 euros per person seemed a little steep. We ate instead at the lovely cafe/boulangerie I mentioned just outside the station, we had a lovely selection of french pastries and delicious coffee, and I think for the 4 of us we only paid around 15 euros, and that was eating in, not take away.

If you need anything else just ask. "]

Cost wise, I'm not sure as we got a multi day Paris Visite Zone 1-5 pass. I imagine it would be about 12 euros per person. What time does your flight arrive? For more info on the RER/Metrol have a look at http://www.ratp.fr and click on the UK flag.

Hope this helps :D
Thank you veey much for your help, it will be much appreciated. I'll have to recommennd and use this site all the time now lol! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.