Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Alcudia Suites
6 Posts
Eventually booked our apartments, it looks good from brochure, but has anybody been there. Thanks :?
Hello Bo Derek,
Yes me and my family stayed there last May it was great. The only thing that was cr** was the entertainment and the mossys, they chew you to bits. Everything else was great. I hope this puts your mind at rest.
Cheers

PS Ave a good one :D
PPS They were that good we are taking my Mum for her 60th in June 2005

**Edit - changed to lower case, Kath HT Admin **
Hi folks
Any info gratefully received. Booked to take kids here in August, have read some good reviews of this accomodation, but have a few concerns.

I understand Alcudia suites are out of resort will we have to go far to find bars/shops etc and is there a bus?

Have never been abroad in august - is it likely to be unbearably hot?

Thanks
Bunty
Hi Bunty - we got back from the Alcudia Suites 2 weeks ago - it was great. You will have a lovely time. The apartments are actually in the resort of Playa de Muro - we were actually quite glad because it was not as busy as the main part of Alcudia but still plenty going on. There is a bus stop on the main road almost outside of the apartments - right at the traffic lights then about 100m but the buses are always crammed full from about 9.30am onwards. We walked into Alcudia along the main road one evening - took about 40 minutes at steady pace - we had a taxi back from the rank almost opposite the Astoria Playa hotel - very reasonable - 4 euros 80 to the door of the Alcudia Suites. If possible telephone the apartments and ask if you can request a third or fourth floor room overlooking the pool - we did and got what we asked for. A few people were saying that they had rooms overlooking the road at the front of the hotel and were being woken by the dustbin lorries about 4.00 in the morning. The air conditioning in the room is a godsend - very powerful. However it only works when you are in the room as you have to put your room key into a slot just inside the door when you come in to activate it. Room is soon nice and cool though.

Please do feel free to send me a message if you want to know anything else - we had a wonderful time. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Jill
Booked for a week 12th August, first holiday as a single parent. Kids daughter 15 and son 11 but turning into a teen before my eyes! apartments seem to have great reviews for younger kids but wonder if there will be other older kids around and enough to keep mine occupied.

Also have never been abroad in peak season before - will it be absolutely boiling and packed ?

Any views welcome, thankyou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.