Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Nicky. Me and my friend are going to Sa Coma on the 20 Oct for a week staying at the Safari Park. My friend has 3 girls (aged 15, 12, 9) and my boy is 10. I have been in October before (about 6 years ago) and we had good weather but I don't think we went quite so late in the month. Gail.
Hello,
We went last october half term the first 3 days were in the 80's & not a cloud in sight. The second half of the week we had rain,clouds, wind & it wasn't that warm. If you want guaranteed weather probably the canaries are a better bet , but with Majorca you could be lucky. We hired a farmhouse which is fine when the weather is nice but not much to do when its bad. If you go it might be worth booking a hotel with lots of activities & an indoor pool just in case the weathers bad.

regards,

Nigel
Thanks for the info. i guess your taking a chance where ever you go at the end of October. Think I will see if I can get a last minute deal somewhere. Yesterday I found a good price with Easyjet but when I checked again the return flight was very expensive and not worth paying.

Its so hard to find somewhere during school holiday which doesn't cost the earth.

Nicky
Hi Nicky

We have just come back from the Royal Beach in Magaluf and this is an ideal hoel for kids. It can be booked via medhotels.com - there is a kids club, indoor and outdoor pool and there is plenty to do in and around Magaluf as well as only being a short distance from Palma. My kids loved it there and we will be going back soon.

As for the weather, we went to Ibiza last half term and it was pleasantly in the 70's every day (T-Shirt weather at least), cooler at night though.

Berst of luck. If it were me I would choose majorca over the canaries for a short break not least for the travelling time.

Happy travels!

Colin
Will look that up. Sounds good. Went to Egypt May half term so am just looking for something cheap and not too far away for October half term, as long as theres a good kids club and indoor pool we don't mind where we go.

Thanks
Hi Nicky. Log onto the Protur Hotels website and have a look at the Safari Park, Vista Badia and Palmeras Playa. They have good facilities: Indoor pool, several outdoor pools, golf, children's play area and Sa Coma is very family oriented. We were in Magaluf/Palma Nova at Easter half term and we enjoyed it but to be honest I prefer the resorts on the east coast (Sa Coma, S'Illot, Cala Millor, Cala Bona). Good luck with your choice. Gail :D
Thanks for that. Will look up those hotels too. What was the weather like at Eatser then?
Hi Nicky. The weather wasn't too bad, it was warm enough to sunbathe for a few days. My friend wore shorts every day! It was a bit chilly in the evenings and I think it rained once. The weather was better when we went in October than April. We stayed at the Santa Lucia which was very good but Palma Nova/Magaluf wouldn't be my first choice for a holiday in Majorca. As I said in an earlier post, we are going to Sa Coma and I am going to try and convert my friend to this side of the island :bhead.
Gail
Hi nicky
We tried majorca for oct half term in 02 and 03.
The weather was ok ish but you could only swim in the sea or indoor pools.
Last year we went back to the canaries and it was looovvveeeellllyyyy!!!
We are trying where you just stayed in egypt :offtop for feb half term next year.
Hi Welshlass,

Yes I remember you from the Eypt forum. Thanks for your advice on Majorca. I thought I had found some cheap easyjet flights but when I went back online the return part was £159 which ended up making it an expensive holiday. If I can get a cheap flight then we would go to Majorca just so my husband could rock climb there, too hot in the summer to do this.

Still looking at Egypt for Feb half term or Easter
We stayed in Magaluf 02 and Palma nova 03 and Ibiza 04 at October half term and we loved it. The weather 02 was fab all week we couldn`t fault it but the other 2 years it was changeable but still some very good days. I would def go again to the same places and at the same time.

If your looking for a good price I`ve been looking round and the best prices I could find were with mytravel 23 October x man at night and prices were about £650 for 2 adults and 1 child self catering.

I`ve normally paid about £550,some times I`ve booked in advance others time a few weeks before.

Christine W
Cheers Christine W.
Thanks for the info on prices. We don't want to pay too much for somewhere where you can't guarantee the weather, so those prices are about right. Plus we don't want somewhere too hot, so that my husband can do some climbing.

Thanks

Nicky
we went to ibiza 2years ago october 23rd it wasnt sunbathing weather and we had a lot of rain we were told the week before it was lovely also the town was closing down.
Thats the thing with Europe you can't guarentee the weather. We certainly don't want to go if its gonna rain everyday. Guess its a chance you take. We went to Salou last October half term well a few days beforehand and had lovely weather for walking round Port Adventura theme park shorts and t-shirt, but pools freezing, luckily we could use the indoor pool at costa caribe water park.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.