France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I believe that you can get motorway toll information by using a search engine and asking for Motorway Tolls France 2005. This might be of help.
Thanks, I have already done that and know which tolls I need to pay. The A75 goes from Clermont Ferand almost to Beziers and is free! The only toll section is the bridge itself. I just can't believe that it is so underused. Surely someone must have done a traffic survey to justify the expenditure on the bridge? Sampling the webcam shows the bridge to be almost deserted at all times. That being said it is a pretty impressive piece of engineering!
Hi we travelled down to Perpignan on the 4th and 5th June and went over on the Viaduct. Yes it was very quiet on the Sunday but as you say it is very breathtaking.
Just a tip - when you are on the A7 you get to see the top of the bridge in the distance, get your camera ready and when you have paid the toll you go round a corner and the bridge is there is all its splendour ( if the cloud isn't low) and if you are going slow enough and no cars behind you can get some good shots.
We didn't do this as we didn't know. If you miss the photo opportunity there is a service station just after and they sell postcards but for a decent one expect to pay about 7.50 euros each.
We came over it on June 17 at about 10am. and it was very quiet, in fact the most of the motorway was. It was the first time i've used the A75 but it wont be the last. There's some hilly sections which do slow you down at times, but it's worth it for some of the views. BTW, the toll was 4 euros 90cents for a solo vehicle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.