General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sorry to hear about your problem. What tour company have you booked with? Where else do they go?
Bridd
Hi.

Hmmm difficult this 1 i think.
However considering the ages of the children Mexico could be an option.
Or what about Salou (Costa Daurada) there they have universal studios and a theme park?
Mexico is cheap at the moment, the daytrips are good and of course there is the chance to swim with dolphins.
Hope this is a start for you.
Cheers Ken. :)
thanks for replies

reply to bridd, the tour operater is called charter travel i only booked the flights through them as they were the cheapest virgin were doing a special all kids up to age seventeen got fares at child prices £229
+taxes the villa i arranged my self.

reply to gopher, never thought of mexico ,costo daraudo i have never heard of but sounds ok ,i will look into it and i assume it will be very hot so i would have to look into buying a sombrero bigger than me as i dont think i could cope with heat above a 100
thanks for suggestion
I don't think the Costa Dorada will be any hotter than Florida and it's a lot less humid. If the kids want a theme park it's an excellent suggestion. You wont get theme parks in Mexico but you can swim with dolphins and there is loads to do. Don't waste your money on Disney Paris.
Bridd
Hi.
Phew had me worried on your question.
Salou will be a pleasant sort of heat around this time of the year.
With regards to Mexico temperature i think you will be surprised.
It very rarely gets to 100F, we recommend that visits between March and beginning of June are the best times for weather and heat.(average temp 30-35C)
Do remember if you decide on Mexico that the sun index is 7 times stronger than that of the Med.What alot of people forget is when they visit Mexico the sun may feel warm but its the strength of sun's rays.
My wife has good skin protection but she started our holiday on factor 15.
Me(old pale face) :lol: needed factor 25 until the 2nd week when i went down to a factor 15.Children apply the highest factor possible.Be Safe
Wherever you decide always apply the cream at regular intervals.
Finally I do hope your original plans fall into line,however if it does go wrong which i hope it doesn't,at least we have been able to get you started looking for other locations.

Cheers Ken. :)
thanks to you both my holiday was booked for 3 weeks early october
when temp would be around 80s so hopefully i am after the same dates if i have to alter plans next week and beleive me ime ready for a holiday after working from 730 am to 6-8 pm 7 days a wk well most weeks for last few yrs anyway
I also agree with Salou, our children loved it last year :D

gail...................
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.