Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
went last year.
staff frindly food not bad
accomodation awlfull (unless we were unlucky)
hols in doors, broken electrical fittings, plenty of wildlife ( mainly roaches)
sold to us as 3 star only holds tourest boart rating of 2
kids seem to enjoy what was put on for them addult entertainment left a bit to be desired except one night male singer called Adam Marks i think he was working several spots.
watch out for children stairs have white glazed tiles for treads exstreamly slippery in socks or with damp feet,

brian
Cheers for that Brian.

We are not expecting luxury, it was cheap, very cheap.
We are going all inclusive and have read that the accomodation is basic which is not a major problem as we don't expect to be in it much! as long as it is clean I will live with it. Food was a bit of a worry, but we will not starve at least.
:wave hi bono we went to the sonemar last oct on an AI last minute very cheap deal. it is quite spread out we were given a perfectly good appartment towards the back ,i went to the recption to try my luck at getting nearer the pool :wink: he gave us the choice of 5 by the pool near the entertainment and dining room he said most people requested the quiter ones. 64/65/67/68/69 were the ones near the pool :wink: the entertainment finished about elevenish. not anything in the vicinity by the hotel ,but they have courtsy busses to maspolomas the kids will love the 3 pools :D food ok .watch the kids on the spiral staircase..coin telly.little drying area just off the kitchen.and balcony off bedroom and a nice patio /garden with table and chairs :( my other half woul have preffered in the town, but all in all we had a great time AI drinks made up for being out of the town :glynis :glynis
oh i forgot :oops: ther are plenty of sunbeds for everyone.
Flying out on Monday to Sonemar. Will give a report when I return. If anybody wants me to check any places out in Maspalomas while I am there, give me a shout by Sunday night
Hey there, just got back from The Sonemar Bungalows. Both my Boyfriend and i booked a last min All Inclusive deal. Before leaving i did check lots of sites to see people's reviews, i was totally and utterly shocked by the comments, i really thought we'd booked a rough place to stay in. But we just hoped we'd make the holiday our own. Arriving at the apts, i couldn't stop laughing!! just for the fact that people had complained about the "long walk" to reception from their coach! it in fact was just a short walk which understandable was ok because it was all blocked off for security reasons. Got to reception, we were greeted by friendly staff who were very chatty and directed us the way to our room. We didn't have any problems with our room at all, we felt it was very clean and well maintained. The Pool area was really lovely and spacious. The Gardens all around the apts were stunning to look at!
The bungalows may have been a far distance from places but you can't complain that 3euros to Maspalomas or Playa Del Ingles is not worth it. We recommend popping to these! esp Maspalomas!!!
The bungalows are situated in a residentual area, so the Spanish do come and stay at weekends and enjoy the sun around the pool just like we did. I didn't have or see any problems with this. Plenty room for everyone. We ALL need a holiday!
The food was lovely, a variety of everything from fish to salad to chips to spagetti Bol and plenty more treats. They catered for everyone. This goes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. And also Snack time with the delicious Hot Dogs and more! The resturant was lovely at night over looking the pools and enertainment stand.
Drinks were super, fantastic when being All Inclusive!!
Lots of entertainmet during the day for the kiddies and also adults can join in!

Overall we had a lovely stay - we didn't come across any problems. Hope you have a lovely time, i'm jealous!

Katy x :D
Thanks for that Katy
I was starting to get a bit worried by all the negative comments about Sonemar. Your post has really cheered us all up! We have the same outlook on holidays...they are as good as you make them. I dare say a few people do have genuine cause for complaint but there are also a few people who seem determined to find fault.

Thanks again
Well, what can I say? weather brilliant, pool areas brilliant, staff at Sonemar brilliant, food.......ugh!! but we still had a great time. I have put a review on the hotels board
Hi all,

I am due to go on holiday with my partner and 2 kids to the Sonemar Bungalows in Maspalomas next month. It is our first time to Maspalomas and after reading some of the reviews from last year I am now very worried indeed.

The last reviews are from earlier this year, Jan and Feb, however it could have improved since then....here's hoping.

Has anyone been there recently in the last month or so to tell me what it is like in the summer months? Is there any kids entertainment, are there many English people there? Does anything improve when it gets busier / more lively?

Please help if you can! If the news is not good then I will change accomodation. I'm not keen on having a rubbish holiday.

If you are in Gran Can at the moment, I'll buy you a drink to go check it out for me!

Thanks guys
Hi grancangal and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic on the Sonemar Apartments. Perhaps you will find the information you require in some of the previous posts.

luci :wave
hi grancangal
Sorry haven't got any really recent information but my parents went to these apartments last summer.
i've asked them and they say you should probably try booking different accomodation!
They said its all in need of modernising and you could probably get a better standard of accomodation for the same price or just a bit more.
hope that helps
let us know if you find out anything new
Spence
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.