General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It's purely and simly to squeeze those extra few cents off you! :shock: Though it's a bit cheeky of them when they still have to squeeze into seats!!
I'd have thought it be more illegal to have a child share a coach seat!!!
I'd complain if I were you!
You should be asking the TO this question. First you have paid for a seat! Second it is not your problem if they have oversold. The legal requirements I cannot comment on but if this had taken place in the UK and there had been an accident the insurers would have been jumping up and down. This sort of practice will continue unless people complain. I know you are on holiday and you do not want any hassle but that is exactly what you have got. Looking at it from the position of the TOs I would take the view that it was a mistake, sorry. It is a bit late in the day when you have accepted. Consider it from another angle. Yes they were three youngsters so would fit on the seat but if you accept that then why not three adults. The reps know how many seats they have so overselling in this way is a way of making more commission.

fwh
thanks for that the tour guide said that it was ok for three kids to share but i think i will write a letter to the tour company just so i can have my say
I would have insisted on some money back for one of the kids,
when you paid for your trip that included the coach, so you were all
entitled to a seat.If one of the children were under two then you would
expect to sit that child on your lap,but you would not have paid for them,i think that was wrong of tour op did the coach have seat belts :?:
there were no seat belts on the bus but the tour guide said that it was in spanish laws that it was ok for three kids to sit together but one of our kids had to pay adult price so that makes her an adult so it was against the law.
we asked as she paid the adult price would we as her parents be allowed to have her free sample of wine and we were told no as she was a child and therefore did not qualify for a glass of wine.
this is completely mad.
our own fault for not makinig a fuss at the time
For safety reasons, i would have asked for a full refund and not bothered with the trip. Disgusting is all i can say. :evil:
They probably pull this stunt all the time because most people don't say anything. :shock:
Hind sight is not always a good thing Ion!
For safety reasons surely this cannot be right? Where would you stand
(no pun intended) with the insurance policy if there was an accident.
I'm sure it's only law for the seatbelts to be worn if it's one of the front seats or the middle back one!
They also say that you can wear one if you prefer,but how can 3 kids wear one if they are only two belts available?
Shocking!
many years ago under uk law before seat belts on coaches children were lawfully allowed to sit 3 on a 2 seat coach. i know that under spanish law it is still allowed to an extent. however at 12 im not sure she would count under that law. however i would have put my foot down. if i had to pay adult price for a 12 year old i would have demanded a seat and wine for her and to be traeted with the respect of an adult.i would write a stron worded letter and demand it doesnt happen again.
thanks for all your replies i will write a letter to first choice and see if i get any response will let you know what happens once again thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.