Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We took a taxi - I would not say they are walkable from Benalmadena. They are in the same place as Tivoli World. Don't know about buses.
Well worth doing
Lally
We walked from the Bali(opp Riviera) it was uphill but we called for a drink on the way and looked in shops, I would say it`s about a 20-30 walk if you don`t stop.

Our friends went on the cable car and loved it, we chickened out and went on the train to Torremolinos instead.

Christine W
Its very walkable to the cable car, providing you have no disabilities. It is indeed all up hill, but a very pleasant walk up to the village of Arroyo. Cross over road at Riviera and walk up past the Bali hotel. Keep left all the way up through the Gammonal area and you'll reach Arroyo. Turn left and keep walking . You'll pass the train station then a bit further on you'll reach the cable car. If you do this on a Friday, you can combine this with market day, all within the same area. I would say a leisurely stroll would take 30mins max.
we got a taxi to the cable cars and it was worthwhile,the views were excellent

garry
If you dont feel like the walk there is a bus stop opposite Hotel Triton( a few metres towards Torremolinos opposite side of road).catch bus displaying Arroyo, or bus displaying Mijas or Benalmadena Pueblo.They will turn up hill passing Hotel Siroco.Get off at Arroyo train station.You will see cable cars from here.
There are some pictures of the view from the top of the cable car ride Here
Hi

Thanks everyone for replying, the views from the cable cars look great!!!
Think we will get the bus up and walk back.

Cheers Steven

** Only 22 days to go **
Wise decision!! Beware the donkeys XX
Taxi up and walk back, all down hill on way back. The cable cars are a must trip, great views from up the mountain. 8)
Thanks for the tip. Is it easy to find your way back down? Is it just a simple straight road down to the promenade ?

Thinking of going either late afternoon or early evening. Not going to bother with dinner in the Hotel and hopefully there will be a choice of eating places around the cable cars.

Two weeks today until I go, the countdown is on!!!

Steven
It's quite a long walk up, so I would recommend getting a Taxi and then walking it back down! (Theres plenty of bars and restaurants on the way back down!!!!) =) Also if you go early evening, there are lots of shops in Arroya which are worth having a look around!!!
You can find your way around Benalmadena and Arroyo de la Miel using these interactive maps
http://www.benal-life.com/maps/arroyomap.htm

Clicking on the large scale map opens more detailed maps,

Cheers,

John
save yourself some money use the bus 1 euro each person each way and use the buses to anywhere,we learned the hard way taxi,s can work out expensive when used often. they run till gone 1 in morning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.