Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Sorry I don't think October is a good month for Koh Samui- it is the rainy season. You may get lucky and only get some days of really heavy showers but you may get some days where it rains all day. (Can't remember you mentioning the month you were going in earlier posts)
I think Phuket would be a little better at that time but you'd have to check.
Oh no, I don't mind some rain actually quite like it but wouldn't like it to be pouring down for days........ I have been to phuket before and really wanted to try somewhere different, mmm now what do I do - better start doing some more research...............
We mentioned this before but what about Vietnam for the beaches? If you go late October the weather should be good, but do a little more research on it first. As for flights we found that Bangkok to Saigon is actually a little cheaper than Bkk to KS.
Vietnam beaches are wonderful and we had a fantastic trip last April to Nha Trang...... Didn't really want to go back so soon after our last trip although we will one day :D

I wonder if I should bring the holiday forward, not so much rain in September. Thinking hat now firmly one.
September would definitely be better. Hau Hin has less rainfall I think. If it is just r and r you are looking for then HH would be a good destination. My main thing against it is that there were not too many trips I wanted to do around about but that wouldn't be bothering you. There are some great hotels there. There is the Hyatt which is a little out, we stayed at the Marriott which we enjoyed but if I were to return it would def be to the Sofitel- looks wonderful!
Koh Samui is definitely more beautiful. ( taking Chaweng out of the equation!) You already know that I love Bophut!
Please double check the rainfall stats for HH- I have got them wrong once before!
At the risk of telling you something I've already mentioned in the past-
have you seen this forum
http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/main.html
it is very informative and you can ask away!
No you haven't mentioned this one to me, I will give it a try. Thank once again.
Just seen this, so guess you've booked, but if not:-

Agreed on weather.

Amari - if this is the one at the top of Chaweng, it's FANTASTIC! Stayed there start of the year. Get one of the bungalows across the road - very cool, very well maintained, couldn't fault them, and the setting is great - lots of greenery. Italian restaurant attached wouldn't have been out of place in London, it was very good. And the Thai restaurant was also very good. Breakfast unbelievable - so much choice and you kept going back. Oh - and while sunbathing by the pool the porters bring round iced flanels 2/3 times a day, and also take drinks orders so you don't have to get up.
Plus being at top-end of the resort it was quieter and you could visit the "bustle" of chaweng but didn't have to.

Seriously - the Amari is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at - food, service, surroundings, rooms, attention to detail...

Only downside is the beach - small, shelves quite quickly, and because of the surf the water isn't clear (Clean, but the sand gets churned up, making it opaque.)

But if you want quiet to chill, go to Krabi or Phi-Phi - they're the picture-postcard resorts, was our original destination until the tsunami hit 3 days before we flew out!!! :shock: :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.