Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
for some reason I cant remember the average cost of eating out in Singapore. However, it was definitly cheaper than I had thought it would be.Even hotel meals were quite cheap. Drinks would be less than UK prices but not that much less. If you go to places like Harrys Bar then drink prices would be above uk ones- however- it is worth going to!!Try the hawker stalls there- they are rigidly inspected and are graded. Very cheap to eat there!
Thanks for the advice. I fully intend to hit the hawker stalls.

If they're as good as some of the street vendors in thailand then the trip will be worth it for that alone.
have found my 2004 report
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=60601

I went this summer also but only for 3 days. You will see my Singapore/Bali report a little further down.
We have been to Singapore many times and the food is very cheap in comparison to England and very good quality BUT the alcohol is very expensive far more expensive than England. If you buy a glass of wine in a hotel or bar you will pay at least £6.00. For a small can of Tiger beer it was £5.00 and the only cheap place you can drink beer is at a hawker stall where you can buy a large bottle for about £3.00. Don't know about spirits because we don't drink them. A bottle of wine will cost at least £25.00 in any restaurant. In fact spirits are locked away in supermarkets.

Hope this information helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image