Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
:D Bouganville playa (Playa de las americas) , don't know if this is the area you are after.

My mum has been going here for years, (She has stayed at quite a few, and say's none of them even come close to this hotel), she raves about this hotel that much, you'd think she had shares in the place!!!

She's gone on so much about how "Wonderful" this hotel is, we've even booked to go next year. BBB.
so many fab hotels in las americas area

try http://www.solmelia.com

Would stay away from Sol Tenerife (nice hotelbut not good enough for a honeymoon) but look at all the 4 and 5 star ones they have up costa adeje in tenerife

also try http://www.h10.es which are 4 star hotels in tenerife (las palmeras and hotel conquistidor are very nice)

then you have the 5 star hotels in centre (mediterranean palace Sir Anthony- Cleopatra etc) which are all linked together and beautiful - put in google search

another good site is http://www.medhotels.com which tend to deal with 4 and 5 star hotels and has all of them listed in all the areas of tenerife

hope this helps davyspurs
Hotel Botanica in puerto de la Cruz is really beautiful.
http://www.hotelbotanico.com/
Try out the dreamplace Gran Tacande, it's a fantastic located hotel with Spa incl.
bel air is a amazing place to stay, really really nice only prob is the hill you have to walk up to get to it!!!
its up past the water park.
4* hotel Gala for me.
Hotel Vulcano is our best so far.
miles better than the Conquistador.
Good food, Good rooms with double beds if you ask.
email them before you go and you'll probably get what you want. We do it every year we success.
Bouganville playa (Playa de las americas) , don't know if this is the area you are after

Beware... The road outside this hotel is currently dug up with deep (and do I mean deep!) excavations. Work has currently ground to a halt due to confusion on which direction the pipes they are laying are going next. Most of the bars and caff's have now closed with the exception of the Post Office and the chemist!

Id not recommend this location for a honeymoon, not for the next 6 months anyway!

Just my opinion but by far the most exclusive hotel (as far as people living here generally think) is the hotel Bahia Del Duque. Expensive but you will be pampered and treat like royalty!

Its in Del Duque, about a 10 minute walk from Fanabe and a further 15 min walk to downtown PDLA.
Try the Mediterranean Palace.It's a really lovely hotel,with lovely rooms,great service,excellent swimming pool with huge sunbathing area. Restaurants,Piano bar,Spa etc.etc.Really comfy,huge beds! I think it would be ideal for a honeymoon. It's also really handy for the area around the lovely Safari Shopping centre.Not too expensive,either.Stayed there on seven occasions. So it must be good! Almost forgot something else!(thanks for reminder Barry Davies!) Step out the back entrance of the hotel and you are right on the beach.
  • Edited by FionaI 2005-10-08 10:14:15
Mediterranean Palace looks like a really nice hotel and is in a very good area for beach and shopping.
The best hotel in Tenerife by far is the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz in the North (INVALID URL this is sheer sheer luxury and the Spa is to die for, extremely posh. I stayed there earlier this year. The area is not for clubbing but has classy restaurants and the sea front is a leisurely 20 minute walk away if you want bars and buzz etc. Whilst I was there Robbie Williams, Kevin Keegan and Eddie Murphy were staying there. Royalty, Michael Jackson and a host of other famous people are listed on the hotels guest book.

The next on my list is http://www.villacortes.com/ which is in the heart of Las Americas, right on the sea front, again 1st class and handy for the nightlife.

If money is not an object, the Botanico is a must, if not Villa Cortes is a worthy better value option.

Hope this helps.
Personally I think the H1O LAS PALMERAS is second to none!!Hope your honeymoon is going well by the way,and Happy New Year to all!!
Caroline xx :kiss
That's Playa de Las Americas by the way............... :wink:
Hello!

We stayed at the Med Palace for our honeymoon in 2003. It was fab! We got given a room with it's own little pool on the balcony, not meant for channel swimming, but was nice to have a dip in! Lovely sea views and huge bedroom.

When we arrived there was champagne and fruit in the room, and we hardly left the complex, except to go to the beach which was only just through the back gate. We've been to Tenerife loads of times and this was by far the nicest place we have stayed at.

Have fun!

Mrs Moo xxx :D
We stayed at the Med Palace too over the Xmas period last year, had a fab time, brilliant location, hotel perfect, surrounding bars/restaurants good. No complaints. Highly recommended.
We're back to the Mediterranean Palace, AGAIN, on 3rd March for a couple of weeks. :D 10th holiday to Tenerife since April 2003, and most of these were spent there.(This'll be our 8th time) Great hotel and brilliant memories of previous holidays. Hope you had a lovely honeymoon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.