Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
It is possible to let the furniture delivered to your apartment by IKEA.
http://islas.ikea.es/stores/?store=4&language=0
Thanks - do they deliver pretty quickly? I'm just abit worried if we're only out there for 10 days we could have problems if delivery is delayed.
The best way is going to IKEA in your own neighbourhood and after making your decisions get in touch with IKEA on Tenerife (telephone or email), order what you want as they have the same itemnumbers and set a deliverydate.
The prices in Tenerife are a little bit higher.
On the EX-Pats and Owners Abroad part of this site at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7313 (125 pages!!) you can find more people that ordered in this way.
Hi

I've ordered quite a lot from Ikea over the last 18 months ... delivery is usually within 2 days, sometimes even next day if you buy in the morning - costs 30-40 euros regardless of how much you buy ... and I've used their assembly service too - which happens one to two days after delivery ... costs 10% of price of item except it's 30 euros per bed regardless of what they cost and there's a min. charge of 15 euro.

Some people on the Palm Mar thread that Ed refers to have had a poor experience with Ikea, others sing their praises ... as I would - there has been the occasional problem, but it's usually sorted quite quickly and there is always someone on the young staff who speaks English.

Come on over to the "furniture & things in Palm Mar" thread and say "hello" :D

Doreen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.