Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Roque Del Conde
5 Posts
Hi,

Yes, you can walk to the top of Roque Del Conde. Get a bus to Arona and then walk from the main square to the village of Vento, the path starts from here. It is an excellent walk that I have done a number of times. Pick a clear day as the cloud often sits just on the top, which will spoil your view and could be dangerous. The walk takes around four hours, depending on how fit you are and how long you spend on the summit. You can find basic route details on my website at http://www.cyberhiker.co.uk/tg.htm
Thanks, I have actually seen your site before. The issue is that I am not a walker, I have asthma and think it would be impossible. However, I would like to see the view. Does the road go all the way to the top? Or is there another way

thanks
Hi Andrew,

No, once you reach Vento you leave the road and follow rough tracks and paths all of the way to the summit, there is no other route. If you are not used to hillwalking, and particularly if you have asthma, I wouldn't recommend undertaking the climb. Besides some fairly stiff climbing there are some small sections where you have to scramble up rocky ledges that, whilst not particularly difficult, may not be too easy for someone with breathing problems etc. The only other thing I could suggest is to start the walk and see how you go. If you find you are having difficulties, just turn around.
:shrug Don't know what happened

OK sorted. allmen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.