Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
hi suey!
we flew to penang nov 21st,just gone.when we arrived it was hot, but very overcast.on our 2nd day,it was overcast again,and we had a downfall,in the afternoon.
on the 3rd day,we flew over to bali,for 3 nights,to meet my sister & her family,who were there for a fortnight,on holiday.it was absolutely red hot,they were, on their last 3 days,of their holiday,when we arrived & they said,it had been red hot,all the time,apart from a couple of days.
when we were flying over,the sky just changed from overcast,to a lovely blue.
when we got back to penang,it was still overcast,but hot.
our last week however,was great,the sun was blazing!
i would say,bali would be your best bet for weather.
we enjoyed our brief time there.we enjoyed the prices even better,it was soooo cheap.
tracy
tracy
just got in in front of me! I agree re Bali- especially Sept/Oct- see the average temps, rainfall
However, Cha am may be ok- I will leave Sunbear( or anyone else!) to confirm this.( There are conflicting weather stats for Cha am and I can never remember which one is correct!)
I am very biased towards Bali so I would pick it first. However, each to their own!
I'm in agreement I would go for Bali.Cha'am might not be too bad in September but I think Bali might be a more interesting destination. If you want to go to Thailand you might want to consider Hua Hin which is just a bit further south from Cha'am
Looks like we may try Bali then. Thanks for the useful feedback.

Suey
you will love it!!
so much more to do in bali, loved the place, everyone i have spoken to that has been can;t say ebough about the island. i loved it and would love to go back.
hi suey

the first time we were in bali was september that was 5 years ago have been back every year since the weather was fantastic red hot, as it is always the only time you will get rain is in jan feb fantastic people wonderful island
enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.