Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi blue-moon
You're right about it being a bit manic, :omg but I love driving in Tenerife - hardly any traffic lights, no speed cameras, most of the time the traffic just keeps moving. There are loads of holidaymakers driving their little hire cars & in the main the locals are very tolerant & will just ignore it when you make a mistake.
Why don't you wait for a few days until after you arrive & see what you think. You can maybe hire a car for 3 days to do any trips.
I love driving here too. Just go with the flow and remember...when in rome.........

Just watch out on those roundabouts, they havent a clue how to use them here!
Didn't you get your Corsa trashed recently Apollo?

:lol:

Hire cars ore fine but pay the extra for 'collision damage waver', as there are loads of people (mainly south Americans) driving old bangers with no insurance / licence / ITV (MOT).

Which is what drove into the rear of Apollo I believe. Poor lass :cry:
Just watch out on those roundabouts,

Don't get me going about the roundabouts again :rofl - never seen such chaos since I used to watch the Wacky Races on TV. Just come back & the brits must be the only ones who use the inside lane, but it makes me laugh when you just indicate to leave the roundabout & cut across the jerk who's going all the way around in the outside lane. :shock:
In this country you'd be heading for a punch up , but the Spanish just ignore it and accept it as driving correctly.

Emoticon removed pending clearance from admin. allmen

Your emoticon was deemed unsuitable for this site so it was removed. allmen
Hiya Makum

Yep, me poor corsa. Still in a bad way. 2 vans went into the back of me :( Bloomin rain causing wet roads, the spanish just aren't used to them and havent a clue how to drive on them.
Hi, My husband and i hired a car in November. We were told in advance of the roundabout 'protocol' (totally crazy), just stay in outside lane until you want to get off!!!!!!!!! Seriously though we had a great time pottering about, well worth it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.