Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Jungle Park
16 Posts
It is a few hours visit if you see all the shows which are spaced out accordingly. Most run at least twice. I enjoy it more than the Loro Parque and have been to both several times. Also there is not the tedious 1 3/4 hour coach trip to contend with. Free buses run all day to and from the park to all areas in the PDLA area. It is about €15 should you go in a taxi instead.
Personally I didnt enjoy it that much. I thought some of the animals looked cramped in their surroundings. The monkey enclosure is worth a visit though as they come and jump on you - very cute!
Both me and my mom thought this about the big cats I felt so sorry for the one of the Puma's as it was pacing up and down around the water. My cousin who went after me felt so strongly about how small some of the enclosures are she has written to born free. It is worth a visit for the bird of prey show, but just be wary of the small enclosures.
This is much better than Loro Park (which I found very boring)
The bob is a good laugh, the eagle show is something else.
The parrot show is much better than Loro Parks
My only gripe is that the animals are kept in cramped conditions.
Thanks for your thoughts and comments - I think we've made up our minds and probably will go there rather than Loro Park.

I'd seen Loro park advertised and promoted more which made me think that it must be better. The shows were okay there, but I think the kids would like to see the monkeys at Jungle Park - yeh and us big kids too!! It's always good to get away from the beach/pool/shops for a little.

And I think most of these animals parks in hot countries are the same with cramped conditions- it does seem a shame, but i don't think this will ever really be resolved. :cry:

Tex - we're actually hiring a car, so won't have the bus journey, it's not much fun sitting on a bus abroad eh? At least when we hire a car we can please ourselves what times we leave and stop, etc. :lol:
its not much fun sitting on a bus abroad

.......well, I for one think it is....air conditioning to cool you down, time to enjoy the scenery, less stress, pleasant contemplation of the locals' appearance/language/manners....... yes, it can be an enjoyable experience......and the very reasonable fares and reliable service are a pleasant bonus, too.........
Here are some of the inhabitants of Jungle Park...... click on picture to enlarge

This is Alonso
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7595/alonso8np.th.jpg

This is Dorio
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5991/dorio7er.th.jpg

This is Jean-Marie
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4509/jeanmarie6yp.th.jpg
Forgotten his name
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1439/lepoard8jm.th.jpg
This is Nanouk
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/513/nanouk1wj.th.jpg
This is Sanon
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7971/sanon9cp.th.jpg
This is Yann
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2103/yann2pq.th.jpg

If I have got any of the names wrong...sorry... :oops:
Besos xxx
SanJi

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Sanji.............Photos great - at least you can actually see the animals - some of these parks you go to abroad the animals are all in hiding!
Sunowner..............Sorry - but we prefer to drive ourselves, it's a bit more flexible & fun - and we can still enjoy the scenery when we get "lost" and discover somewhere that a bus will never take you.......... :!:

Thanks for all you feedback though
just got back from pdlc yesterday evening, went to parque las aguilas on monday.

we thought it was in many ways it was far more pleasurable day out than going to loro parque. your not herded round like cattle, fighting to get to see anything in crowds that are four or five deep around every enclosure.

we used the free shuttle bus which picked up outside the princess dacil hotel (hourly) and were in the place just after 11am.

tip 1: if you haven't pre purchased tickets, ensure you buy them from the ticket office before taking your place in entrance queue. many people on the bus fell foul of this having waited paitently to get in and being told the cannot buy tickets on the main entrance door.

tip 2: plan your wanderings around the various show times, the eagle show is a fantastic.

tip 3: whilst road access is good, parking appeared to be limited in the main car park. we actually seen a classic example of the theory "if my car wont fit in that space, i'll push yours out of the way" whilst waiting for the return coach.

tip 4: depending on the volume of visitors when your there, allow about 4 hours to see everything.

enjoy yourselves

terry
We went there a few days ago parque las aguilas / jungle park which is about 15 mins from PDLA.

Cost is 21 Euros per adult and overall it is just about worth it. There is a lot of shade throughout the park but the shows are mainly in full sunlight..... take plenty of water with you + sunscreen!!!

I would agree with the previous comments, a lot of the animals do appear to be living in cramped conditions and some appear very bored.

However the bird of prey show is absolutely fantastic.... not to be missed. The parrot show is also a must and is very funny. We stayed at the park for about 3 hours until the heat and crowds got to us!
We went there last year.Really enjoyed it,it was alovely day out
Went to Loro Parque last year and thought it was fantastic. In May it's not so busy. The coach journey however was horrific...3 hours there and the same coming back...never again !!! and that was taking the motorway...we took a few detours to pick up 4 people !!

Went to Las Aguilas this year, again by coach but we knew it was only 20 mins away. Again we went in May and it was empty, plus it was cloudy, which we weren't complaining about. The eagle and birds of prey show was spectacular, especially the eagles being released and then when they felt like coming back, being accompanied by the 007 theme tune, while zooming over our heads. We really enjoyed it.
Entry fee was 21 Euros each if you paid at the park. Don't do that, barter in one of the trip booths around the resort. We only paid 18 euros each, the kids were free. Free bus too, which came every hour.

Enjoy.
we both liked the Jungle park more than loro park. It seemed more relaxed & less busy. Loro Park has goriila's though which is why we went.
free bus too!
I went to the Jungle Park with my son...we had a great time the bus journey was on a open top bus and we kept getting hit be tree branches :P

Some of the bridges in the park are not for the faint hearted.

http://www.southportforums.com/pics/r/JP.jpg
We've just come back from Tenerife and had a day out at Jungle Park.

It was pouring with rain most of the day, so we reckon we had the authentic rainforest/Noah's Ark experience :shock:

We went from Los Gigantes on the "free" bus (booked via Thomson's I think it was €25 per adult) but the bus took 2 hours (probably because the guide had to spend time scouring the hotels for guests who'd booked but been put off by the rain? It only took 45 mins on the return journey!)

We really enjoyed the park, "emergency ponchos" were the fashion garment of the day, aka coloured bin bags with a hood!

The animals weren't put off by the rain, and were all prowling about, the poor little meerkats with their coats all muddy and bedraggled! and all the other birds and animals as previously described.

The gardens and landscaping were beautiful. The kiddies part looked good, but we didn't go there so I can't report on it.

The only downside (apart from being wet and a bit cold!) was that the bird displays were cancelled as the birds can't fly properly if their wings get soaked.

The park was nearly empty of humans so we had the chance to get a good look at all the animals with no queues etc., the big parrot arena was deserted! but the frogs put on a fantastic display for us - they loved the rain!!!!!

We made a beeline for the restaurant area and treated ourselves to fish and chips to keep us going. It was expensive (€10 each) and the batter was a bit weird, but it suited us on the day. We didn't need to spend anything on ice creams and cold drinks........

We still enjoyed our day and would love to go there again in better weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.