Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Louis Cruises
11 Posts
Hi,
Anybody got any information or reviews re Calypso. Received brochure today. Prices from Britain next year look good to me, but need more info before proceeding. Am aware its a small boat, personally prefer them that way.
Any information greatly received :D
Mumsy
Hi Mumsy

Is the Calypso sailing from teh UK next year? I can't find any information on this ship apart from the following:

http://www.louiscruises.com/ca.htm

luci :wave
Hi Luci,
Sailing out of Tilbury. May to October.
From what I have gathered so far has been doing small 3-4 days cruises in last couple of years. Think it has been chartered for next year. Not sure if we are allowed to put company names on messages.
:?:

Mumsy
If you mean the tour operator's name then there's no problem with putting that on the site.

Hi,
Brochure re Calypso cruises out of Britain was sent by travelsphere. Heard of company but never used them before. Still looking for any reviews re this boat, have only managed to find three in total whilst surfing the net.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mumsy.
I'd really like to know if there are any reviews about this line. The brochure looks good, nice size cabins and all the usual facilities
Prices for 2006 are fantastic - eg 7 nights cruise to the Norwegian Fjords from £399.

chrisie
We sailed on this ship from Cyprus to Egypt. The ship and cabins were quite nice. Several people were seasick even though it was very calm and we were told that it was down to the structure of the ship. Apparently it is a flat-bottomed ship which made it roll a bit. I was one of those that succumbed and it wasn't much fun.

The Calypso use to be Airtours Carousel. We were on the last Carousel cruise and it changed to the Calypso, midnight 23 May 2005. We were told that the ship would be for Italian /Spanish market so I was surprised to see it sailing regulaly from Tilbury.

MOds please delete the Carousel became the Aquamarine :oops:
Was just about to correct you there Margaret, but you did it yourself! :lol: Yes the Carousel is now the Aquamarine and not the Calypso. It was berthed next to us in Gibraltar last week.

it's official ... the "Birka Princess" is now the" Sea Diamond "... it will take over the 3 and 4 day greek island cruises for the "Perla" Just found out from my TA. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.