Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
When are you going, 19th Sept is showing £507 at the moment.

Dave
Dave

The dates are quite flexible at the moment - as long as it's after Labor Day (4th Sept. I believe?) as there are likely to be fewer families with kids around! :wink:

I'm wondering if there is any chance of the fare EVER going down to about £400 - £450, or if this is as low as it gets.
If you don't mind a split flight, eg a connection at another airport in the USA like Minneapolis the fare drops to £377 midweek to midweek on expedia with NorthWest Airlines, travel time is 13.5 hours compared to 11 hours direct, I think an extra 1.5 hours is worth the saving.

Dave
Thanks Dave

That sounds like a good option - although last year when we changed in Atlanta (with Delta) in the end we added another 4 hours to the flight, which is quite a lot.

I guess I'll have to keep looking and wait a few more weeks to see if the prices change - and then if Virgin still ask for over £500 we'll have to take a split flight, because that is just too expensive!
Don't forget - scheduled airline fares go up in price as the flight fills up. Charter fares - you might get a last minute cheap deal - but these prices go up and down (sometimes during the same day :? )

For the cheapest scheduled fares, book early.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.