Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I assume you have got the names of those who told you?

I would confirm it in writing to them. Remember insurers do have a bad habit of finding reasons why not!

fwh
Yes i took the names of both people i spoke to, i have attached them to my ins documents just in case we should need them, i did ask if anything needed to be put in writing either from me or from them and was told its not necessary. The second person i spoke to today actually went into my customer file and attached a note about our conversation detailing the fact we have adequate cover for my niece and that no more is needed, this is because it was a pre-existing medical condition that we did`nt know about at the time of booking the Holiday and because she is fully recovered and is as healthy as a child who has never had a heart problem then the ins stays the same as it was before.

Loulou
Lou Lou

I would get it in writing. i work in travel insurance and whenever we accept or decline med conditions we add an endorsement and send a revised schedule out.

Not only has the customer got confirmation, but in the unlikely event of having to seek hospital treatment the hospital admin would be able to see that full cover is provided for the existing med condition without having to clarify it with the insurance company first

Im glad to hear she has made a full recovery

LA
Thanks leighanne,

Loulou
I did not realise that you have to take endorsements with you. I thought they were just issued as confirmation that you had told them of a condition
Thanks
Margaret
There shouldn't be any problem with the insurance for this time as you already had the insurance in place before the medical condition became known. They cannot charge you more or exclude you from cover unless you were to travel against medical advice.

The problem that could arise is the NEXT time you need insurance as you will then need to declare the operation before getting cover and some companies could treat it as a pre existing medical condition.

I am so pleased that the operation was a success and hope your neice is now fit and healthy.
Thanks blueblazer,
She is now 100 per cent better

Loulou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.