Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
audbod,

strange, they'd normally forward your bag on to your accommodation in that case. I had the same problem in May when my case never made the flight on the way home. It was delivered to my front door 48 hours later.

Darren
Well i thought so too , but they insisted he had to collect it personally, so he spent a full day travelling to barcalona, had to wait around for a few hours until the located it (yet again) and travel back, all on public transport.
I think it may depend on whether you are on a package holiday or a diy job.

The same thing happened to us 3 years ago in the Algarve but because we were on a diy holiday we had to do all the chasing up ourselves and eventually go and pick up our case from the airport - it had been all over the place despite being very well labled!

Pippa
I also though that you always had missing luggage delivered to your accommodation, whether at home or abroad. Presumably it is the airline's duty.

Returning from Copenhagen in May, my suitcase did not arrive in Heathrow. It had been left in Copenhagen and followed on the next flight. BA then sent it down by courier to Cornwall.

Cic
it was a package holiday booked through flyglobespan, but not sure what their policy is on returning baggage
easyjet misplaced my case at alicante put on the wrong plane unfortunately it was saturday and the next flight was late on sunday night but they sent it to my apartment in benedorm on monday morning at 0900 i had to buy some medicine to see me over when i arrived home i put a claim in. and got a check by return of post so apart from putting my case on the wrong plane their service was first class
I don't know why we had to go and pick ours up - obviously depends on the airline - we were with my travel lite (now just My travel.)

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.