Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Lanzafan

I`m afraid they can change the flight times.All flight times are just advisory until the tickets are issued with confirmed departure times. If you cancel it will be classed as a `disinclination to travel` and they can keep the deposit.Sorry...
I've just been on the Airflights website. It says 'Your flight times should not exceed a change of more than 12 hours' or free cancellation or compensation may be offered by the tour operator (who are Teletickets).

The total changes are 14 hours - do you think I stand a chance??!

lanzafan
you can't add up the time changes. It means it can't change your flight from 10 am in the morning unitl 10pm in the afternoon. Sorry but you either have to loose your desposit or just grin and bare it
You'll find my (and other peoples) grumbles about BA and Tenerife on the British Airways thread on this forum. Fortunately for me my flights were cancelled altogether so at least I was entitled to refunds.
Out of interest, just check on the BA website what they are now charging for the revised flight times anyway, you may find it is now £45 each way (including all charges) which could well be less than the original price you paid.
Sorry not made myself very clear there-what I meant was if you have rubbish flight times anyway now it might be cheaper losing your deposit and paying the low price BA are charging. Who are you flying with?
I agree that this is a very unfair practice.

- we have in the past specifically bought more expensive, day time flights, only to have them changed to evening/ night flights .....which is not only a lot less convenient, but also we could have obtained much cheaper at the time of booking :evil:

I really think that airlines should be bought to task over this - they are getting away with daylight (or in our case , evening ) robbery !!!
I always think its shocking.

I always like to fly out of the UK on 7-9am flights out, and as a result of this, end up paying high supplements [this isnt just for regional either as other flights at later times leave the same airports with smaller supplements].

Thankfully ive only experienced the flight times changing once by 4 hours but I would be really annoyed if they changed a 8am flight to a night flight.

I believe that whenever airlines do that, they should pay back the supplement difference to the customer.
Thanks for all your replies. Vivien-Marie, I checked BA's prices, but they are more than we originally paid. They are Xmas/new year flights, so more expensive anyway. We paid £180 deposit - in January!

We booked with Airflights, who bought the tickets from Teletickets. Astraeus are the airline. I have been in touch with Airflights, who have now at least offered us the original 7am flight going out, but it's the return flight which is the real issue. I strongly suspect that the original return flight - AEU459H, leaving TFS at 12.30pm - is still running and we have been 'bumped' off the flight. As we booked in January, I'm furious!!
I got it wrong - they are not offering the original flight out. It's a 7am return from Tenerife! Have asked Airflights to pass on complaint to Teletickets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.