Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Oh how lovely for you being in Aussie for Christmas.

You will find some car hire links HERE and HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi

As we live near Melbourne I can not give much advice to your problem other you being the lead driver but also there are tolls on some of the freeways and you will need a device called an etag or you can pay the tolls at post offices no later than 3 days after you use it do ask the hire car firm you pick about the way they go about paying these tolls as they are all electronic and no cash places to pay have good time down under
Hi
I live in Melbourne. You might like to check out the Budget website for their terms and conditions. http://www.budget.com.au/guidance/faqs/default.aspx#q4
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Hope it's nice weather for you on Christmas Day... if it's good for you then it'll be good for us. :lol:
The E-tags for tollways can be bought at service stations.
Cheers Geri
Thank you for all your help everyone - we are still off tomorrow - and we managed to hire a car in my name - however things have changed.

Unfortunately my sister found her son (my baby boy - even at 19) had died in his sleep on Sunday last week. They think he had had a fit as he was epileptic. So sadly he will not be meeting us at the airport on Monday - but we will be attending his cremation on Tuesday as my sister is waiting for us to arrive before holding this.

I just feel cheated as we were 7 days away from seeing him after almost 5 years. We will still be there over Xmas and it means that I will be able to support my sister & her daughters too.
Hi again

I do feel for you and your family and offer you all our thoughts for you and hope your chrismas hits a little higher spot in live for you and by the time your stay over here is over it can get better for you this is very sad and on Tuesday I will think of you all the best

Try and have a good time over here and all the best wishs to you and your family.
chubby
how very, very sad kaznpete. You will at least be there to support your sister.
I'm very very sorry Kaznpete. You, your sister and all your family are in our thoughts.

Kath x
Hi Kaznpete
I have from time to time wondered how your holiday was going in Melbourne. Hopefully, you were there to help your sister through an unbelievably tough time in their lives. I did think of you on the day of the funeral.
On a lighter note... how did you manage with our dreadful smoke haze over the city? I have been in Australia 34 years and have never known it like it's been and really spooky.
I'm near Berwick in the South Eastern suburbs and we had a 'White Christmas' not snow as such but the hailstones whited us out... it was amazing as we had the heating on instead of the air conditioning.
How did the car hire go? If your up to it... I'd love to read how you went in Australia.
Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.