Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi

Is THIS the hotel?

I've asked for it to be added to the reviews section.

If this is not the correct hotel, please can you post a link for me?

Thanks.

Pippy :D
:D Yes that's the one! Looks great doesn't it. Maybe Bawbee knows about it? Any info much appreciated. Thanks.
It sure does look good!

If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Welcome back from Scotland bb. Bet you're glad to be back to the heat :) Know anything about this hotel? I have booked it for myself and my daughter so I hope the feedback will be positive. Are there good restaurants in the Marina Rubicon, as last time I was there they hadn't opened?
I've only passed by the hotel, never been inside - is it finished yet as the area roundabout it was still under construction last time I was there a few weeks ago? I'm sure it'll be lovely and in a great location. Lots of nice restaurants and cafes at the marina now. Enjoy. :)
Yes the hotel is finished - found a few great reports about it on the net. They are waiting for the local council to provide a white sandy beach just in front of the hotel apparently - but that's to do with the local authority - so that was probably the construction you saw in the area around it. It was open during the summer and the reports indicated that there was no disruption from this as it was on the beach. Perhaps the beach will be in place by the time we go. However, once the hotel is good it won't matter to us. Looking forward to the walk down to Marina Rubicon and having a few nice meals there and in PB itself.
I am interested in this hotel too!

Do you know its precise location T.S. and did you book it on the internet, phone or brochure? Can't find any reviews about it anywhere. When are you going? Hope you have a great time, the marina is lovely and we love P.B. and thought this hotel would be a nice change, at the other end of P.B. to where we usually stay (Timanfaya Palace).

Hope someone posts a review soon. :wave
Thanks M. Booked it on the net. First Choice do it too. It's over near the Papagaya Arena Hotel as far as I know - at the end of the Marina Rubicon and turn left towards the Papagaya beach. Should be a nice walk on the new pathway along the coast. I think it would probably be about a 10-15 minute or so walk to the Marina R and then a further walk on into PB itself.

Do a search for the hotel's name on the net and you should come across some reviews like I did - bearing in mind it was only newly opened in the summer the reports I found were positive enough for me to book it for Oct. but you take a chance no matter where you book!

I too have stayed at the Timanfaya Palace a few times and loved it but always made sure to book a Palace Room for the view. I also stayed at the Gran Melia Volcan when it opened first which was lovely too but decided to give this new one a go for a change of scene.

Hope this helps. :)
If you're considering booking with FIRST CHOICE, it's also worth checking ECLIPSE :wink:

Hope you post a review when you get back T.S.! Interested to hear what the food, rooms, pool etc.like.

Hope you have a great time! :sun
This newly built hotel opened in May 06 and the construction work that Bawbee saw was to do with another seperate part of the hotel. This has just completed too so there should be no disruption to guests. Fantastic choice for breakfast, a good way to start the day before lazing around one of the pools or exploring Papagayo beaches which are close by. No idea when the beach to the front of the hotel will be constructed, think it will be a wee while yet though.
Hi

I'm heading off for two weeks to the Gran Castillo Playa Blanca over Easter
I haven't really seen any reviews on this hotel. Has anyone been there ? or heard anything about it. I have two children 5 and 12 so I'm hoping there will be something there for them aswell

Thanks
Hi,
I am going to the Gran Castillo for one week from Sunday 11th March - I am really looking foward to it and I will post when I get back to let you know what I think of the hotel.
Take Care,
Carol :P
Thanks Carol56

Look forward to hearing all about it on your return! It looks very nice but can't find many recent reviews.

Hope you have a great time! :sun
Hi, returned from a really lovely holiday in Gran Castillo last night - to this freezing weather. My personal opinion is that it is a lovely hotel in a beautiful position. The rooms are beautiful - a walk in wardrobe, every womans dream. The bathroom was enormous with two doors off it leading to a separate toilet and shower. When we arrived we were offered a glass of wine or orange juice while we were checking in - we were shown to our room but it had a limited sea-view and as we had paid for a sea view room I told them I wasn't too happy and we were moved to another room immediately without any fuss and it looked straight out to sea over the sandy end of the pool. By sandy end I mean that there is an area at the end of the pool facing the promenade which which has been filled with sand for small children. On the subject of children there were very few and mostly under 5/6 - but it may be different when you go if it is in the school holidays. However, there does not seem very much for children to do to be honest, there was a kiddies club but I only saw it open a couple of times. The hotel is only about a 15 mins. walk from the promenade entrance of the hotel to the Rubicon Marina which is a really nice area, and there is quite a nice market held there on a Wednesday and Saturday. There is still no sandy beach in front of the hotel.
The majority of guests last week were German and I feel that the food was particularly aimed at them, spicy sausages, saurkraut (sorry about the spelling), but to be fair there was quite a variety. There was Chinese available three or four nights, Pasta with a variety of sauces, a choice of meats and fish, canary potatoes, chips and always loads of different cheeses, cold meats and fresh fruit, pastries and ice cream.
Breakfast had the same cheeses, hams, fresh fruit and cooked breakfasts with once again the German sausages, there was cereals and loads of different types of bread and rolls. If the weather is good like it was last week its really nice to sit outside over the pool. I think there may be a shuttle bus into Playa Blanca but I did'nt see it - we hired a car.
The staff were all pleasant and I would definitely go back, there were just a couple niggles the wine is really overpriced -it was 23 euros for a bottle of wine - we paid 6 euros for exactly the same wine in a supermarket.The other niggle was that dinner was either at 6.30 or 8.30 and I personally like to go for my dinner when I feel like it and not at a set time - but on the whole we had really lovely time. Hope this helps and remember it is my personal opinion. Hope you have a lovely time when you go.
Carol56 :(
Welcome home Carol! :wave

What weather to be greeted by! :shock:

I'd be very grateful if you'd be the first to post your review HERE (just copy and paste this review).

Many thanks! :tup

Thank you Carol for a really prompt and informative review! :)

Glad you had a great time. The hotel rooms sound wonderful! :P

Bet you wish you were back in the Lanza sunshine! :sun
Hi Carol

Welcome home I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your holidays.
I have a question if you don't mind ?

Was there any entertainment in the hotel and was there a kids disco or games for kids at night ?

Thanks
Hi,
The hotel entertainment was a bit basic. There was a duo on one night which I thought were quite good, one night a juggling/magic act, and to be honest I don't know what was on the rest of the time. I don't think there was a kids disco, but that could be because when I was there I only saw a handful of children.
Hope this helps,
Carol56
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.