Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Help Please
7 Posts
If the week on land has to be Majorca this will limit the cruiselines to Island, Thomson or OV who all sail from Palma. Good deals can be had by hanging off until a couple of weeks from sail date, unless it is during school holiday season. Check out ITV Teletext page 227 and look for the best deals among the 60 or so pages.

We have cruised with both Island and Thomson in our early cruising days amd would recommend the Island Star and Thomson Spirit or Celebration for a first cruise. You should be able to get one doing Barcelona or Rome, or even both.
Cannot really add to hamrag's post except to say that we have done Barcelona and Rome on the same cruise and I think it was either with Thomsons or on the Island Star.

A quicker way to check Teletext is to do it online at http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk

Your friends may find some useful information for a first timer crusier in the topic New to Cruising

luci :wave
Many Thanks. They will be going out of the school holidays so will tell them to hang on and will check on your recommendations. I don't think it has to be Majorca if this helps widen their choices.
Look also at the possibility of other cruise companies other that those suggested. Many travel agents are making tailor made packages to suit peoples needs.
They can add on a to a 7 night cruise a week in another resort depending on where the cruise starts and ends. They will do a pre cruise package or a post cruise package and this has developed as more and more cruise companies are offering 5.7.10.11.14 night holidays. It is easy to do and you can look at this on the internet or look at 228 as well as 227 as a lot of Med cruises are advertised on 228 from the large cruise companies There is loads of choice out there and some fantastic bargains to be had. Being able to go out of school holidays makes it even easier. Just keep an open mind and look at all possibilities.
At the end of the day you will I am sure find just what you are looking for and maybe even more than you could expect.
I suppose if you have a budget then that has to be your starting point. Then look at what you can get for your money. Good luck.
I have just had a fantastic cruise my 3rd in 10 months and another one lined up for later this year. Hamrag is full of ideas and he has got me looking at not only 2008 which I never do at this stage but I am looking at
May/June time this year. Always ready to pack my suitcase at short notice.

Sue
Glynis, if the land part does not need to be Majorca many other opportunities open up. Sue has given very good advice. Since Barcelona is an attraction, they could consider a cruise beginning from there, with an itinery including Rome, e.g. with Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity and others.

The Costa Dorada is very close to Barcelona e.g. Sitges or Salou for second week stay.
Thanks very much everyone you've all been really helpful :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.