Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We have a couple of mixed reviews for this accommodation HERE
Have a read through the resort reports HERE.
You may also find THIS topic helpful.

Pippy :D
I prefer PDC, it's lively but has character.

I always thought CT to be pretty soulless.

But I'm sure someone will come along and say otherwise. :)
thanks for the info
do prices vary much in between these resorts?
still trying to make our minds up :?
prices about the same..pdc livelier.
Personally I'd say that since there's more things going on in PDC than CT, theer's more chance you'll find that it will cater for a family like yours with boys and girls of different ages.
My kids certainly loved PDC at those ages, and there's enough to keep the parents contented as well.

Cheers - Ole
I stayed at the Santa Rosa complex in CT in April last year in one of the 77 apartments on this complex that are owned by the Holiday Property Bond. The HPB pool we used was heated but the bigger main pool that everyone could use was not. There was plenty of space for sun loungers around the main pool and it never got crowded when I was there though it was late April and not the height of the season. There was no entertainment on the complex while I was there. Santa Rosa is a smart quiet complex and although CT is also quite a smart resort, it isn't the liveliest of places. I just got back from Lanzarote again yesterday but this time we stayed at the Atalaya apartments in Puerto del Carmen which were very good. I actually liked PDC more than I thought I would. It's a bigger resort and had a bit more life to it than CT. It definitely seems less windy there too. I have only been to Lanzarote in April so can't comment on what either of these resorts are like in August though.

I did pass by the Santa Rosa apartments again this week and noticed that the unfinished apartment complex next to them has not progressed at all since we were there last year. It is still just the concrete shell it was then. It's not high rise or anything but neither is it the most endearing sight.

The thing I didn't like so much about PDC is the amount of restaurants along the front that had a member of staff trying to entice you into their establishment. It's not surprising really as apparently there are so many restaurants in PDC that competition is extremely high. Our rep told us that you could eat in a different restaurant in PDC every day for 6 months before you would have to return to one you had been in before. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that was true. We quickly learnt to avoid them by walking along the beach side of the promenade on the main strip or if unavoidable just saying we had already eaten.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.