Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Me and my friend (mid 20's, female) are thinking of going to Sardinia for a weekend break sometime in April/May. Can anyone suggest the most suitable location on the island for us? We like to have a drink, dance and meet like minded people of an evening and in the day relax on a beach and shop. Also how expensive is it out there? I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me out, many thanks!
The general rule for Sardinia works like this:
- the North (Emerald Coast) is the luxury, expensive, nightlife galore area of the island
- the South is much cheaper, wild, ideal for walkers, climbers, scuba divers, generally for people who like nature
We too are going to Alghero in June, we are staying at the Hotel Rina ?, any one got any experience of it, what is the sea like here and what costs are involved in going on the beaches
Tonyell.
Has anyone any knowledge of the Villaggio dei Pini ? It is advertised in the Mail on Sunday regularly any help please
Are you also interested in private accommodation?
Yes I would. Can you recommend anything near to the airports.
You could stay in a residence with pool in Alghero just near the beach

I have a professional interest about Sardinia, you may want to contact me in private"
Villaggio dei Pini is situated in the South of Sardinia about 40mins drive from Cagliari, it's a nice area but there are nicer areas than these and the nearest beach is not very nice , the nicest one is about 30mins drive.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more information
Alghero is ideal for your kind of holiday,
you don't need to hire a car because bar, restaurants and beach are within walking distance and the airport is about 15mins drive from the town so you can get a taxi.
it's no expensive

Let me know if you need any more information
Hi Sardinia,
Thanks for those comments, any idea what the rina is like, how much is it for access to beach and sunbed? and finally and most important any good eating places you can reccomend.
Ciao , Tony. :wink:
Hi,

I don't know that hotel.
to hire an umbrella and a sunbed is about 8.00 Euros a day but maybe the hotel will also have that service included in the price.

I don't know any restaurants in Alghero but I've heard there are nice ones.
and it's not expensive.
Ciao
My boyfriend and I are going to San Pasquale in North Sardinia...I get the impression that the place we're going to is quite remote so I wondered how easy it is to travel the island and what the best way is?!?

We are thinking about hiring a car but would also like to cycle, trek and horseride if possible - anyone know of any places to get these things organised!

Also what's the best way to get from Olbia airport to Palau? Are cabs expensive?

THANK U!!
Hello, me again! Can anyone reccommend "must see's & do's" whilst in Sardinia. We would love to travel the island - is the best way to go by the little green train, bus or hire a car?

Finally, any nice beaches to recommend? We will be in the San Pasquale area and have heard that Liscia beach is closest to our resort...anyone been there?

Thanks
8)
Hi Guy's

Just got back last night from a 4 day break in Alghero to celebrate our 10th Wedding anniversary. Had a great time, weather scorching, Hotel - the Florida was very good and ate at a couple of nice restaurants.

Not sure Sardinia is great for someone with a wheat intolerence - good job I'm not actually alergic as I just couldn't have managed. Dinner was fine but lunch was a real problem. Also service generally in Alghero Cafe's is slow - we walked out of 3 cafe's in 3 days as they just couldn't be bothered to serve us. Restaurant service was very good though and we ate dinners in restaurants where the locals ate - sometimes we were the only non Italians.

Didn't do any trips really except the boat out to Neptunes Grotto which was very nice - but too hot really. Temps are hotting up as well. It was 34 degrees yesterday and it was supposed to be 38 by Tuesday.

Tracy
Boyfriend and I have booked flights to go to Sardinia - Cagliari on 17 Sept 05 for 7 nights. But I am still search for accomodation. We are hoping to stay in a self catering apartment or a villa in Villasimius and hire a car for the week. Just wonder has anybody been to Villasimius and have any recommendation on where to stay and things to do, also what are the roads like to drive?

Thanks very much.

Lee
Hello,

My boyfriend are going to North Sardinia late August and the first 10 days of September...does anyone have any idea what the weather is typically like at this time of year??

thank you
There is a site based in Villasimius with scores of properties for self accommodation.
http://www.holidaysinsardinia.com
hi, i am thinking of taking a week break to sardina alghero in march! has any 1 been here before? does any 1 no what the weather is like for this time year being. hope someone can help. many thanks
I was wondering where I could get information on Sardinia, and if it's a suitable place to go with two small children aged 3 and 5???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.