General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Is it possible to revoke people's passports?!

On holiday hijack on Sunday there was a woman who did actually complain that the sand on the beach was yellow instead of white!
What a great shame these are not complaints posted here on HT. I am sure we could enjoy giving answers/advice to all those poor souls. :rofl

fwh
Rachel

never mind revoking passports - I've always said there should be an aptitude test before you get one!

But there is a serious side to this (asuming they are true).

Elsewhere there is a thread about increased passport charges to pay for increased workloads at UK consulates abroad. You don't have to look far to see why that happened.

And if clowns like this are writing complaints to TOs is it any wonder there is such a delay in dealing with genuine complaints?
I keep coming back to this thread wanting to answer some of them. ;)

fwh
I think most of these people are the same ones who go on X factor thinking they can sing!!!
omg thankyou, am in bed with flu and this has cheered me up no end. Absolutely brilliant, you couldn't make it up
I like numbers 7 & 19 - wouldn't you just want to meet the people that said it :rofl
I think that I have met some of these people Miss Pink!

I've certainly met

- The woman in Tunisia who complained that there was NOTHING that her children could eat because they didn't serve fish fingers and chicken nuggets in the hotel.

- The couple in The Gambia who commented that they felt very uncomfortable being surrounded by so many black people.

- The family in Cuba who were dumbfounded by the fact that the chambermaid appeared to be incapable of understanding the notes (written in English!) that they kept leaving in their room with specific requests for what they wanted done.

- The couple in Portugal in a rock bottom priced studio (they'd paid the same as us - £190 for 14 days including flights!) who thought they were bad value for the money because it had been impossible to cook their usual Sunday roast dinner - the oven was too small and there wasn't a roasting tin anyway.

- Another couple in Portugal who walked out of a fish restaurant loudly complaining that they were going to have to go elsewhere to eat because there was no steak on the menu and they didn't like fish.

- The English woman in Wales who insisted that her child was going hungry because they were allergic to potatos if they were cooked and served in any way other than as deep-fried chips.

- The man in Crete who complained that all the tavernas used olive oil rather sunflower oil in their cooking and salad dressings and it was making him ill. (I would have pointed the finger at the amount of Metaxa he was drinking with his meal!)

- The woman on La Gomera in the Canaries who complained about the 'dirty' sand on the beach - the island is volcanic and hence the sand is black as any quick check before booking would have confirmed.

All in all, it makes me wonder how reps and customer service people manage to retain their sanity. And confiscating her passport wouldn't have kept the woman in Llangollen at home unless the Welsh Assembly starts to introduce border controls along Offa's Dike. ;)

SM
Well I think it is no laughing matter that we've returned from our cruise, and I am pregnant because the beds were too close together :rofl :rofl :rofl
Brilliant. I think with some people, it even starts even when they get to the airport, before they even leave the UK, to go on holiday.
When I was in Rhodes a few years ago I was told by our rep that they'd had complaints because it was too hot and wanted them to do something about it! Maybe they should try not going away in the middle of the summer!
In mexico last year, an american fella complained to the barman in the swim-up bar that he was annoyed at getting splashed ....... :que :rofl
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation. We are trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh my, I think I need the loo! So So funny... :rofl

CourtneeLouise. xx
New review for the hotel I'm staying at in October.

They were disgusted because they found a maggot in a piece of fruit!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.