I thought I should post about an awful experience we had at this villa earlier this year... We were booked to stay for two weeks at the end of March and only managed one night, it was so awful.
The first thing was the overwhelming musty smell as we walked in, the front door opened up directly into the lounge area where there were three leather settees covered with dirty brown throws, underneath the leather had shredded and was peeling off and the springs were going. There were no dvds as advertised.
In the main bedroom the bed frame was coming apart at the foot end and the bedding was old and stained... the towels and there werent many, were old and thin. There was a road running directly beside the window in this bedroom, no more than six feet away...so much for privacy!
The kitchen table was filthy, with old food stuck down the grooves along its length.
Outside the pool looked dirty, there were cracked and broken tiles, the sunbeds were old and stained and the jacuzzi was covered in dirt, when we opened it, there was a really bad smell coming from it. As night fell, none of the outside lights would work. Finally, there were no beautiful gardens as advertised, just a tree that overhung the jacuzzi.
We were so upset I cried my eyes out that first night and the next morning we went down to Puerto Calero for breakfast and were guided to a property rental company called Puerto Calero Villas, situated in the Marina there. Thank goodness we were able to find somewhere else as we had decided we would go home rather than stay at Villa Tranquila.
This villa is advertised as private, luxury, magnificent, exquisite with beautiful gardens! This is a gross misrepresentation of the facts and I would avise anyone to avoid at all cost.