Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I miss the little Irish girl and her friends doing the safety video on Thomson planes.
More people seemed to watch it than when the crew do it.
I saw that video a couple of weeks ago , very slick , but when I flew virgin the girls on there were not as " hot " as those in video .
doe wrote:
:rofl

<span class="skimwords-unlinked">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg</span>

Can't really imagine it happening on BA

Doe :sun2

At this very moment in time the BA staff are jumping through hoops at keeping me satisfied while in the Concorde Lounge , Good old fashioned service , never goes out of fashion ;)
And how did the Virgin boys shape up Andy66? I need to know because I always choose the airline to fly with on the basis of the attractiveness of the cabin crew - not!

Seriously, I'm not convinced that these humorous safety videos are any more effective than the traditional 'stand at the front' cabin crew deliveries. I stopped watching the Virgin one on the link above because it went on for far too long - I got bored and I'd have done the same on the plane. I loved the Air New Zealand one because I was too busy testing my Tolkien knowledge and seeing how many of the characters I could attach a name to, to actually pay attention to the information - and I would have been too busy doing that with my travelling companion if I been watching it on a plane for real. I loved the cuteness of the Thomson one - I saw it for the first time on a plane and was too busy oohing and aching along with the person in the seat next to me to actually pay attention to what the kids where actually saying.

In each case if the information had changed, including in a significant way, from what I've heard before I wouldn't have noticed because I still wasn't paying attention to what was actually being said. I know that airlines have to go over these safety instructions at the beginning of each and every flight and I know that it's a problem that most of us have heard it so many times before that we pay no attention whatsoever but I'm not convinced that these quirky or humorous videos actually catch our attention any better apart from the 1st time we see them. And even then do we really pay any more attention to information itself or do we all get wrapped up in the medium that we switch off from the message just the same? I think that devising these novelty videos and uploading them up onto YouTube is simply another form of PR and advertising.

I'm not convinced that they are any more effective as safety announcements when actually played on the plane than the traditional ones. In some ways it is the other way round - I find it easy to ignore a video in the seat back and much harder to ignore a real life person who is trying to make eye contact with me if only because it seems rude to do so and where I know that they are doing it as part of their job and should be accorded the courtesy of me looking at them whilst they do it. And whilst the video quality was poor at least the majority of passengers did seem to be actively paying attention to the South West steward.

SM
SMa wrote:
And how did the Virgin boys shape up Andy66? I need to know because I always choose the airline to fly with on the basis of the attractiveness of the cabin crew - not!

SM

Well it depends what you like , I'm not really into the guy liner look , but very well groomed .
The video was light hearted ......my comment too ;)
I enjoyed the Delta safety video when I flew with them this year and I think they have different versions of it as well
So here's a little test. Were you REALLY watching and listening?
ANY airline safety video, including the infuriating children ones....
After they tell you about putting a life jacket on
- did they say tie securely on the RIGHT side or the LEFT side?
Betcha you do NOT know!
And some jackets have click fixings. Not ties. Is yours one??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.