6 independent reviews of the Alcove Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Vagator

Alcove Resort Hotel Alcove Resort Hotel is rated 3.67 out of 5 from 6 Reviews

Alcove Resort Hotel Reviews

Kevin B visited the Alcove Resort Hotel, Vagator in May 2009
We do not allow posts from the country where the hotel is situated for obvious reasons.

Please submit on your return to the UK - Admin

Tour Operator: -

Nicole gonsalves had a holiday at Alcove Resort Hotel, Vagator, India in November 2008
Wonderful place lovely atmosphere good staff.

Food is out of this world.

Reading the reviews we were about to change our mind but thank god we didn't bother about them cause it's a realy good place.

Tour Operator: on my own

Jas had a holiday at Alcove Resort Hotel, Vagator, India in September 2008
Unfortunately, we do not accept reviews from the country where the hotel is situated - Admin

Tour Operator: self

withheld had a holiday at Alcove Resort Hotel in March 2008
Hotel location is excellent for couples/honeymoon. Restaurant is excellent but pricey even by western standards - $40-50 for lobster. Definitely not opulent because this is a small operation.

Staff is friendly but sometimes too friendly. The guy was hitting on my girlfriend most of the time.

Make sure you check the air conditioning in the room before you sign in because the electricity here sucks. But rooms, bathrooms are basic but definitely worth repeating.

The location next to beach is the best I have ever seen or expected. Next door there is a club that can get noisy if you sleep before 10 pm.

Tour Operator: self

Mr & Mrs Gunn visited the Alcove Resort Hotel, Vagator, India in March 2007
We booked the room on the Internet about 3 Months before we travelled in order to reserve the exact type of room we wanted (suite with A/C )arrived to discover that the A/C room was not available. We took a non A\\C suite as I always wanted to stay here just for the morning views of the beach, what a mistake, the rooms become unbearably hot and the 2 fans in the bedroom did little more than blow hot air around and the downstairs lounge fan on full power went at around 5 revolutions per minute and was a waste of space.
However the room was lovely with a lounge, tv and shower then a mezzanine bedroom above with the best views you could ever wish for with a small cozy balcony to watch the sun set.
The ...
manager was a waste of time when I told him we were not stopping for the second night which we had paid for.If you want to stay here go see the room first if you want A/C as the latter few months of the season can be very hot without it.

Tour Operator: Independent

Jo stayed at Alcove Resort Hotel, Vagator, India in December 2006
The Alcove doesn\'t quite live up to the expectations set by it\'s website.

Whilst the location is spot on (particularly the sea-view suites, which have wonderful views down the bay), there is not much else to recommend the place.

The room was very spartan and the bed very hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom was very basic, dark and gloomy.

We had asked for an aircon room, but the aircon was broken. The rooms get very hot at night.

The staff were quite apathetic in general. The restaurant appeared to serve very good food, but I unfortunately got salmonella poisoning after eating there one evening.

The room was relatively expensive for India and I don\'t think it was particularly good value.

It wasn\'t the worst place I\'ve ever stayed but I did expect more for the money.

Tour Operator: Flight only (through Somak)