4 independent reviews of the Badala Park Hotel

Badala Park Hotel Badala Park Hotel is rated 3 out of 5 from 4 Reviews

Badala Park Hotel Reviews

"an experience!!!"
Julie Peacock stayed at Badala Park Hotel, Kotu, The Gambia in February 2012
Great people all the lads that worked there. It was very basic everything was ok. The pool entertainment was fantastic and the games when they were on...but a bit irregular. If you want luxury/ cleanliness/great food this is not the place to go it was more like staying in a local place and mixing with the real people. This made it a great Gambian experience. We thoroughly enjoyed the holiday one of the best we've had. Its good for a cheap holiday we did get a bargain!! I would be disappointed if Id have paid a lot.

Sue + Pete had a holiday at Badala Park Hotel, Kotu, The Gambia in January 2009
On arrival at airport we were worried we had made a big mistake! we were hounded for our cases then they demanded money, hold onto your cases an put them on coach yourself. We arrived at Hotel in the dark an were concerned that there was (what seemed to be) a lot of bumsters hangimg around, these are hotel staff! and are all really lovely lads! we did not leave hotel for the first day or so the airport had made us warey! when we ventured out there was no stopping us, we made very good friends with Papis from Tam tams next door, in fact he made our holiday! we went to meet his family on two occasions, they fed us, gave us gifts even making me an african outfit! very humbling when you see the conditions these people ...
live in, Papis\'s brother is a teacher so he took us to visit the school, wow it blew us away! no toys,books pens etc an the playground full of stones. Everyone we met at Badala Park an Kotu could not do enough to help, including the electrician Mohammed what a lovely lad! The A team are brilliant lads who really go out of their way, Babyface even went to the market for us! Say Hello to Baba at LeTaverna just down the road, tell him sue and Pete say Hi! we have stayed in touch with lots of friends an are booking to return in April, I can\'t express the kindness of these people, I have NEVER returned to any holiday destination before, or left a review but this truly is the best Holiday I/we have ever had and we can not wait to go back! All staff at Badala from the cleaner to the plumber(Hi Box) try to ensure you have the best Gambia experience.
Dont be put off by stories of this being a Bad hotel! I have stayed in 3* hotels of the same standard, and this is a 1* please remember you are visiting a third world country, where in most compounds they do not even have a tap but have to fetch it from a standpipe in the street! At the end of the day you get you pay for! if you want the Ritz then pay for it! we found this hotel basic but staff far outwayed any cracks in the paintwork etc! the rooms were cleaned daily, clean towels daily, Bed comfy, breakfast consisted of eggs/fried or boiled alternate days, tomatoes, beans occasionally, bread for toast, cereal, porridge, ham cheese jam, fruit, what more could you want!??
All in all very happy with Badala cheap hotel, with fab staff, go have yourself a fantastic holiday, may see you there!

Tour Operator: sunset

angie and frank visited the Badala Park Hotel in November 2007
Breakfast was not too bad, there was eggs, cheese, ham, beans, mushrooms, fruit, bread and jam etc, fruit juice, tea and coffee.

I heard a few people moaning, but maybe their expectations of food in the Gambia was too high.

Hotel was about 2 minutes from beach, but the entertainment by the pool and staff there were great so you could just laze around the pool if you wanted.

There was a few restaurants nearby which were good. Ali babas pizza was the best I've ever tasted, and a few shops nearby.

Tour Operator: thomas cook

"I would not visit again"
Abby and Robert visited the Badala Park Hotel in January 2007
It was rubbish! The hotel was really dirty! The food was rubbish.We went for 14 days so I was starved. The location was OK! The staff were great. They were always there when you needed them. The entertainment was rubbish!. I would definitely not visit that hotel again.

Tour Operator: Portland Holidays